Who will have a breakout year in 2006?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jul 10, 2006.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I always play more than 1 qb in the NCAA video game, and it always works out fine... :confused:

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The last one may be right, since his wrist needed surgery, but calling him injury prone is quite a stretch, a big one at that. And he can run and move ok, he's not a burner my any stretch of the imagination, but he's made a lot of big plays while on the move.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

joking...?

It can be difficult to tell on here.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure, you have to let a quarterback get his playing time in entire drives.

But on occasion you can insert a reserve quarterback for special circumstances. Like putting two quarterbacks in the game or going to an option running game for a few plays just to keep the defense honest in the red zone.

Nick would have especially liked forcing the defensive coordinators in the SEC to plan and practice for all three QB's. I bet Les does, too, and he will play all three just as much as circumstances allow.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

lol, yeah, I was joking. I think qbs need continuity. I wish they didn't but I think it's pretty obvious they do.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm going to say Buster Davis. He's put up the solid numbers--but he's never managed to find the endzone enough. Not only have I always considered him our most reliable receiver, but I think the past two seasons with him putting up solid receptions and yards, yet NOT getting into the endzone (how many times did we see him take it down but get tripped up in the redzone???).

I think this year, he takes out a little "no-endzone-aggression" the past few years and goes wild this season.