Who will "Spy" Cam Newton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 18, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Thats fine with 11 in the Box, J-Lee will pick them apart, I am hoping for a nice combination of passing and running on hopefully at 4 scoring drives all led by J-Lee.

I really hope LSU jumps out to a quick lead, maybe a quick pick six or the opening Kickoff to the house....PP either way??

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

YEP

I think we have to spy newton but our defense already does a fantastic job of spying the football! So if Newton has the ball, we will fly to him, at the same time our Defense is smart enough to stay home for any reverse field crap Auburn likes to pull. - We just have to play smart, & mentally sound football. We will be ok

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

11? You don't think it will occur to them to put at least one guy on #80 and another on #2?

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Depends. Is JJ in at QB?

5. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I'm with Mingo AND Sheppard

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Mingo's likely to facemask him about a half dozen times.

It will be a linebacker no doubt. Can't be a lineman.

7. islstl

Honestly I would put single coverage on everyone with a single high safety. Every single snap that JJ is in the game. Talk about being able to stop the run.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not a big fan of the spy. It leaves a hole in the D and requires us to change concepts and assignments. Chavis has built this D on speed, flying to the ball and gang tackling. This is what will be the bestapproach. If we have to spy then they will have won an edge.
    Have the whole team kick his A**.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I think this is the plan ... this is why CLM did not pass a lot in the McNeese Game ... he was getting his younger backs some snaps to polish them up for this game. Lee will provide the passing attack threat, but I think even with Lee in, we will run the ball as we can. If we are making 1st downs on 2 run plays, we'll keep on doing it, with the occassional pass to keep them honest.

I'm not going to be suprised to see Lee start this game, as the pass attack threat is essential to keeping the AU defense on its heels.

Keep our defense fresh, and they will stop Newton on most of his drives. I mean, it's like previously posted, our D looks like a swarm of bees attacking a runner. I look for Cam to get a good bit of short yardage, but I don't see him breaking for the long 20+ runs against a Fresh LSU D!

:geaux:

10. islstl

Even if you go back to the Florida game, our best success on offense by far, there were really no long sustained drives.

Lee hit Toliver on a 38 yard pass play for a TD, which accounted for all the yards on that drive. Even the winning TD drive was only 62 yards and involved a 19 and a 28 yard pass play.

I don't think LSU has had a single long sustaining drive all season. Not one.

Actually the only one was Tennessee's game winner and that was a mess to say the least.