Who will "Spy" Cam Newton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 18, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Whoever picked "CBS End Zone Camera Guy wins.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It isn't exactly fair that Cam gets to use that teleporter. The NCAA should do something about that.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

playing a spy is worthless if you can't tackle the dude. LSU's defensive playcalling was about what I expected, and we were in position to make plays, we just couldn't tackle.

but that is obviously all Miles fault.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I don't really know if a 'spy' would've helped. But I do know they played differently and applied NO pressure on him. They play two QBs because...up until today, it worked. Then why change the defense for this game at all? Stick with what's worked.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hardly, it's just that when you posted that, you seemed so clueless. You know I try to be fair and objective though I do I tend to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It keeps me grounded, and has served me well not only in sports competition but in general.

I surely didn't expect him to go ape shyt and set an SEC single game record on us.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think they were in position, but credit Malzhan, especially on the play call when he had the defense fooled into thinking Newton was going to throw. He had us off balance all night. I also have to say that had the offense sustained some drives in the 3rd quarter, and kept our D off the field a little more, i think you are looking at a different game.

Also that interception was huge. LSU makes AU go 3 and out, stopping Newton on a 3rd and Tebow, and our O drives down mainly on the legs of Ridley and Jefferson, and then Crowton tries to get all cutesy and throw the ball downfield, when the run is obviously working, along with killing the clock and keeping Newton off the field. That pick was a huge momentum changer. We score right there, and we are in the drivers seat, and Auburn is having to play catch up, not LSU.

If we tackle, we play better on D, but honestly with the offense playing like that, they would have been like William Wallace yelling FREEDOM while getting disemboweled.