Who would we play?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, May 6, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Is their any team in the NCAA that you would want the tiger football team to start a series with? I am sure we are going to get some A&M responses, but I am looking for just an out of the ordinary team that people would love to play. If it was me, I would love to see us play someone like Oregon or Maryland. Random I know, but I just think a PAC-10 or a ACC game would be a fun game. Plus if we added Maryland to our schedule, Barrington could explode against his home state team and make it a big deal...Random question, but just thought I would throw that out there...

2. tigerm

tigerm Founding Member

There are lots of choices - but it should be somewhere that a home and home series would give us some traction in recruiting. Maybe a West Coast team like Southern Cal or Oregon as you mentioned.

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Since I can't say A&M, I would probably go with Texas. I hate Texas, and I think we could have a pretty heated rivalry with them. As for a team from out west, maybe Colorado. Actually I would really like a series with Notre Dame. I liked it when we had that home and home series for two years a few years back.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

And I loved beating ND in the Indy BOWL!!!

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Notre Dame is on the schedule in 2008 and 2009 in a home, home.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Really? That ought to be interesting.

Some schools we might play that could be interesting:Oklahoma, Kansas St., Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State, Texas. All are good or halfway decent football schools within reasonable traveling distances.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think one thing that needs to be taken into account is the distance to that school. Playing someone like Oregon or USC would be a killer for people that couldn't afford to fly out there (see students). But it would be really cool to play a PAC-10 or Big 10 team out of conference. Maybe Florida St, Ga Tech, Texas, or the Carolina schools would be good to play.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In no particular order of preference I would like to see future home and home series with Texas, Oklahoma, Miami, Southern Cal, Ohio State, Florida State, Colorado, USLA and Michigan, Of course not all in the same years - the SEC schedule is pretty brutal

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Correction

Thats UCLA - not USLA Pardon my bad typing

10. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

Hmmmm? I really enjoyed the USC (Trojans) game in '79; that would be a good start! Also Ohio State in ~'88 or '89. I would like to see us play a traditional power, and not a western carolina type game. I was at the Indy game vs Notre Dame and enjoyed that too. Florida State was a fun game too. I remember our players and the criminoles got into a little ruckus. I sure would like to beat those three schools we lost to (USC, OSU, and FSU)