Who would we play?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, May 6, 2003.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

your right about clemson being pretty, not as pretty as here, but pretty. there stadium is nice too I just hate the way there campus is set up. and there isn't crap to do there.

2. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

Since we all have somewhat biased opinions...I would like to see the Tigers play any of the Big Ten teams so I can drive to the game! Since alot of my freinds are Buckeye fans it would be great to spend a weekend in Columbus, wearing purple and gold after a Tiger victory.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If the Tigers ever schedule a road game against Northwestern PLEASE schedule it for a September weekend when the Cubs are playing at home in Wrigley Field. Saturday afternoon at Wrigley followed by a night game at Northwestern followed by a Sunday afternoon at Wrigley sounds like Heaven.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

but wouldn't Northwestern typically play a day game. As far as I know almost all Big 10 schools play all day games.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

To change the topic a tad to "Who we ARE Playing".

With us going to Arizona the first week of Sept. Do you think it will be on TV? Arizona has been down for a few years now and I wonder what media attention they will garner. I know its' PAC 10 v SEC but let's be honest Arizona isn't exactly lighting the world on fire of late. I would think it would be on TV but I haven't seen what the schedule looks like that weekend. With the 12 week season that weekend would probably be a good one for everyone to add that OOC power team....so depending on who else plays it could be effected. I would expect and hope, at the least, it would be a regional ABC telecast.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should be willing to schedule it at night for the privledge of having LSU play in their stadium. By the way if it every happens bring a sweater with you to Wrigley Field even if it is a nice sunny day. I went to a mid September Cubs game a couple of years ago and by the 4th inning I was freeezing. The wind was blowing in that day. I ended up paying $60 for a Cubs sweatshirt

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Some other games that day:

Auburn v Ga Tech
    FSU v Maryland
    Virginia v S Carolina
    Miami v Florida
    Okla v Ala
    ND vs Wash St
    USC v BYU
    Tenn v Marshall

some hefty competition.

8. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

How 'bout the Washington Huskies? Remember the 40-14 romp in '83? They have a really good looking stadium with beautiful scenery around it. Also, I don't think I've seen Michigan or BYU mentioned yet. Correct me if I'm wrong,but weren't the Tigers and Cougars scheduled to play each other in 2001?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

BYU?? Gimme a break. BYU is at best a second division team in the SEC or Big 12. Didn't they get voted to a bogus National Championship a few years ago after beating a 7-4 Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl. Was it last year or the year before when they eked out a last second win over Cowbell U? Didn't they lose to Hawaii something like 70-45? The only reason they are able to dominate in the Creampuff Conference they play in is because the Mormans send these guys out on a 2 year Morman mission and all their juniors and seniors are 24 or 25 years old. I seem to remember that BYU backed out of the deal to play LSU and it caused the Tigers some scheduling problems just like Marshall chickening out for 03 and LSU having to scramble to schedule Division I AA Western Illinois as a replacement at the last minute. The Cowardly Cougars are not deserving of a home and home deal with LSU.

10. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Northwestern does usually play its games during the day (11:00 to be precise). But, occasionally they do play a night game. Last year's Ohio State game was at night on ESPN. I think a night game with LSU on TV would be an interesting proposition to NU.

As for Wrigley, I enjoyed a few Old Styles in the "friendly confines" yesterday. It is still a little chilly for baseball, though, as far as I'm concerned.