Who would we play?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, May 6, 2003.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I would like to see Miami. . It would tell the nation really quick how good we are and how we compare

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its got to warm you up a little to see the Cubs in 1st Place even if it is only May. If you can send a little of that cool weather down here I'll be glad to send you a few of the 90 degree days we have been having in Baton Rouge

3. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

TIGERNMS: I was at the Ohio State game. Tommy Hodson was the QB. If my memory serves me right, we tied that game 13-13. We lost to Miami of Ohio. We had tripple the offensive of (MOO)output except where it counted.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I would possibly agree to a home and home if it could be guarenteed to be on ESPN at night.

I wonder if ABC or CBS will ever get into the Primetime night college football especially late in the year.

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

ABC and CBS sometimes have night games. I think the USC Auburn game last year was on ABC at night.

6. burnline1

burnline1 Freshman

I'm one of those guys who would like a mini vacation on the road games. Home and homes with teams like Miami, BC, Hawaii, UNLV, and Cal (that's for the wife, she wants to visit San Francisco again). Does St. John or St. Thomas in the Carribean have a D-1 college football program?

7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Notre Dame! Great tradition and guaranteed national TV every game.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU had a first down at the Buckeye 10 yard line with the clock running out. All they had to do to win was run the ball once or twice and then kick a field goal to win 16-13, but SOMEBODY called a pass play and it was intercepted in the end zone to preserve the tie for Ohio State. It was during Mike Archer's first year and I don't think it was the same year we lost to Miami Ohio. The loss to MO was during Arnspargers last year when David Browndyke missed a last second field goal

9. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Actually Bengal Bee,as much as I'd hate to say it, the Buckeyes missed a long FG late in the 13-13 tie and MO beat us by 9 the previous year. The game where Browndyke missed the short FG was against Ole Miss in '86.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are probably right about it being the Ole Miss game where Browndyke missed the winning field goal but I definatly remember the Hodson interception on first down in the Ohio State game. Its posible that Ohio State got a chance for a long field goal after that but I don't remember it. I do remember that the Buckeyes kicker and punter was Tom Tupa who as of last season was still in the NFL