Who would we play?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, May 6, 2003.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Clemson-I did some work out there and visited the stadium at night. I took pictures, but they didn't come out.
    Ohio St.-I was drunk at the 13-13 tie that we should have won. I hate them!
    Michigan-I've always wanted to visit that Stadium
    Notre Dame-Same as Michigan
    USC-California girls!
    Florida St.-My cousin likes them and I'd love to rub our beating of them in his face!
    Texas-They pounded us in every sport recently. Time for revenge!
    Nebraska-Revenge for all the Sugar Bowl beatings they put on us.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'd like to see more Big 12 or Big 10 contenders. Nebraska kicked our butts a couple of time in the 80's, I'd like to play them in 2004 or 2005 when both of our recent #1-ranked recruiting classes are starting.

Michigan or Michigan State would be good, as well. I'd like to see those guys wilt in Tiger stadium in late August or early September. Day game for TV of course.

3. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I'm not sure why I just thought of this, but no one seems to mention Colorado when talking about potential matchups. We've played them before (there in '79, home in '80) and it seems like it would be a fun trip for the fans. It also seems like many La. kids go to school there. Just a thought.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

That 13-13 game

The 13-13 tie with Ohio State was my 13th game in Tiger Stadium when I was about 10 years old and I was previously 12-0 watching the Tigers play at home. Although I was 0-2 watching Sugar Bowl losses in N.O., I had only seen victories in Tiger Stadium until that Ohio State game and I believed I was a good luck charm. Later I realized that my dad took me to all of the "cupcake" games and my mom to the better matchups. She was at the Miami (Ohio) game though.

That Ohio State game may have been my first "day" game at Tiger Stadium also. I know it'll never happen (TV) but it would be cool to be the only team that refused to play during the day (at home).

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I'm sure most of you remember this, but while we're on the subject of the Ohio State game, that was the game in which Earl Bruce refused to bring his team out first. There was a delay before the game because Bruce didn't want to run out to a chorus of boos, so he delayed. Archer ran the Tigers out first, effectively caving in to Bruce. I believe we kicked off, but Tupa had to call timeout before the first snap because it was so loud his tackles couldn't hear his signals.

I saw the next year's game on ESPN Classic not long ago. We blew a lead to lose 36-33. Ugh!

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Clemson has my vote

7. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I would like to see us play Clemson just as a battle of tigers whose home is called Death Valley.

The loser (Clemson) dosen't get to use the term Death Valley for their stadium....