Who would you like to play post-season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Atreus21, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

If Auburn 'n Oregon go to the NCG, I'd sure like a piece of TCU, or somewhat less-so, Boise State.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wouldn't. We don't gain anything by playing TCU or Boise State, it's a lose lose situation. I would rather play, Stanford, Nebraska, or Oklahoma.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'd like to see us against undefeated TCU in the Sugar Bowl.

4. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

We don't? Both of them seem pretty ascendant to me.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It reminds me of us playing Notre Dame in the Sugar a few years ago. If we win, well we are the big bad SEC we are supposed to win. If we lose, then TCU and Boise will still be getting all kinds of love, and people will say, see they belong.

I really don't think we gain anything by playing them, except for maybe taking them out of the conversation for a few years, so maybe that would be worth it.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I want an undefeated TCU, so we can shut everyone up. It won't be like Bama's loss to Utah, Miles will have his team ready and will close down any arguments as to why the TCU's and Boise St's should have a shot at the MNC. As soon as those guys start playing a real schedule, instead of one ranked around 90th in the country, then they can claim they belong. Playing 2 BCS OOC's and 10, what would be considered cupcake games for us, especially when almost all of them have losing records, is not an equal schedule.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I see your point, but putting these paper chumps up against our defense would be just what the doctor ordered for the rest of the country. They need to see that shyt.

See, when SEC schools lose in bowl games, it's usually b/c they are pissed b/c they didn't make it to the National Championship and have to play in the Sugar Bowl or whatever. With us, no one is really banking on playing for the MNC....so whomever we play will legitimately get LSU at our very best. We'll beat the piss out of TCU or Boise. They ain't ready for a D like this, homie.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Anybody. Les doesn't lose bowl games on a clean field.

9. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

WOULD BE A GREAT STORY LINE AGAINST NEBRASKA(PELINI)

10. dudley

dudley oops!

The bowls have a way of screwing things up with their contracts and all but I would like to see this:

BCSNCG - Auburn vs Oregon
    Sugar Bowl - LSU vs Boise State
    Cotton Bowl - Alabama - TCU

The first two could very well happen and TCU is a fan favorite for the Cotton Bowl but I think Alabama will probably wind up in the Mud Bowl