Who would you like to play post-season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Atreus21, Nov 8, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think Boise will leap the frogs.

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not that facts and logic will ever enter into a discussion with you. I am wondering what do you say to the other 5 conf's this year with respect to how their schedules are working out, especially the Big East and ACC which have switched spots all year year with the MWC in rankings.

In looking at actual schedule strength as per Sagarin this AM, some interesting facts stand out. TCU's current sched is ranked ahead of Ohio State, Wisc, MSU, WVU, Va Tech, Maryland..............all members of BCS conf's and currently still in races for Conf Champs and/or BCS games...........but that does not matter and is never discussed. There will be minor bitching if two of their teams get into BCS but it will be quickly forgotten. What is a travesty is there is nothing in the BCS system that penalizes any BCS team for not only playing a weak sched but then wins their conf on a fluke win in a conf CG. How many on here will crow like hell if any team from the East wins the SEC CG??? What about Pitt winning BE, have they not already lost to Utah??? Did Va tech lose to Boise??? When was the last time Oregon beat Boise?.............they had the chance to put them on their sched this year but I guess 22 starters coming back for Boise scared them off. YOu think we would be staring at Oregon on top if they had played Boise and lost AGAIN in the first game this season???

Another interesting fact, UNLV 17, Wyoming 21, BYU 31 and USAFA 38 all appear willing and able to play anyone, anywhere, anytime. They probably don't win most of the time but they play the game..........none of these teams came up with the BCS concept. It is also strange that TCU, UTah's and Boise's sched usually lag these other schools in sched strength the last few years because most teams don't want to play them then they use the "well it does us no good to schedule them" then in the same breath of air the higher ranked BCS schools then crow about TCU schedule strength, so which line of BS will it be????

What is really funny is that TCU does not deny the apparent strength of the SEC, they never have, but when an SEC school loses a game to a MWC team.............take the loss w/o a bunch of excuses. I also don't recall the SEC making any move to bring TCU to the SEC. I can tell you now that the school is full of filthy rich people that love to donate money.
    I have two sets of purple "glasses" that have been bought and paid for from numerous efforts on several fronts with LSU in the TAF, Cadets of Ole War School, membership in two different alumni assoc where I sponsor a scholarship in one assoc and did high school academic career nights for many years in the other one. Lets just say my support for LSU is a little more than buying football tickets. As for TCU I jumped in right away in my son's first football season in 2001 and have maintained substantial financial support ever since. So, I think it is safe to say I like both schools, alot...............but I am not sure how anyone that has watched this season play out can keep coming up with the lame opinions of TCU, they are not watching them play that is for sure.:geauxtige

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

LSU might very well get either team and the LSU defense is very good.
    However so are they............if Adrian Peterson could not and did not run
    on TCU nor did DeMarco Murray or Chris Brown and several others do you really think Ridley will do any better???? Patterson's run stopping theory did not just start this year and he has one of the best defense in the nation everyyear and it does not matter who they have played. BTW, Alabama thanks you for the excuse:cry::cry::cry:

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Ok, now I really want to play TCU.

I'll say it. TCU ain't ready, playa. Our Defense will wipe them all over the field.

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Ok playa.........why dont' you give me a player on player analysis.....
    better yet why don't you just name 5 players from TCU w/o going to look them up.......:geauxtige

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I would rather not play in the Sugar Bowl because I'm tired of hearing the home field advantage nonsense.

I would like to play:

Wisconsin: My uncle is from Wisconsin.

Boise or TCU: I would like to shut them up. It may not be as much of a lose-lose situation as we think.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

While we are living in the past, I nominate the 2003 LSU defense.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I googled "Great players from TCU" and it said "did you mean great players from LSU".

1 person likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

dalton, kerley, boyce, wesley. if you would have asked me last year i would have given hughes also, can't do 5.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

You just made my point for me, homeboy.

:tigereye: