Who would you like to see LSU play?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NavyTiger, Nov 15, 2010.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I agree and the ACC to.
    PAC 10 or Boise, TCU would be nice.
    I saw the bowl projections on ESPN and they had us in the Sugar Bowl VS Ohio State.... That would be horrible for me.
    Anyone but Ohio State we have nothing to prove to them, as well as the SEC for that matter.

2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

If a Pac-10 or Big-10 team is in the NC game, then the rose bowl has to pick a Non-Aq this year by contract.

Right now, there is not a good chance for LSU to play either TCU or Boise unless its somehow in the NC game.

Most scenarios have us in the Sugar bowl or the Orange bowl.

3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

The Sugar Bowl will not pick a Non-AQ team this year, they have for the past two years.

4. BP

BP Founding Member

But ONLY if neither Boise or TCU do not make it to the championship game. If either BSU or TCU is in the championship game, that let's the Rose Bowl off the hook,in which case I will take bets (and I'm so chicken I wouldn't even bet that the sun rises in the east) that a one-loss, PAC-10 Stanford goes. Remember, the Rose Bowl is the most traditional of all of the bowls and believes the Big 10/PAC 10 match up is sacred.

5. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

I'm a huge Big Ten fan, so I'd like to see them dismantle Ohio State. I also wouldn't mind seeing them play Wisconsin.

6. parksk9

parksk9 LAFOURCHE TIGER

either TCU or Boise in the sugar bowl or AU in the NC game

7. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

With the arrogance of Boise St fans (I really enjoy watching the Blue Broncos but annoyance has rubbed me the wrong way), I'd like LSU to have their shot at them or any of the top teams in the SEC. Most Bronco fans I've met or read believe they could beat any of the top teams in the SEC......ridiculous!! Boise's 0-4 vs the SEC and last time Georgia put a beatdown on them! It's all great to thump your chest and believe to be Superman when you play a WAC schedule or keep playing the like of ORST and VT isn't all that impressive!! Oh well, we heard the same BS from Ohio St fans the year LSU played them in the NCG so I don't see this any different! I still scratch my head at not being able to beat Penn State!!

8. kjun4LSU

kjun4LSU Founding Member

I'm usually not one for excuses but, I really think the crappy turf at the Cap. One didn't help. It really was a speed neutralizer. :angryfire

9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

No doubt about it....the mud was the great equalizer......it definately takes away the speed advantage from whoever has more team speed.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah, Penn State shouldn't have beaten us, but I think along with the field, I think our boys were just spent, and ready to get that season behind them. The Ole Miss debacle, not scoring at home against Florida, (except for a 3) the Alabama mess, a close hard fought game against Arkansas, all the negativity regarding Coach Miles, and the players.

I don't ever want to see LSU in the capital 1 bowl again. 2 of 3 bowl losses over the past decade have come in Orlando. One in Dallas.