Who would you rather LSU or LSUE baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tothetop12, Jul 23, 2006.

1. tothetop12

tothetop12 Freshman

LSUE will have 9 players playing D-1 baseball next year. Next year they will likely have another 7 players sign D-1. How can you be so prejudice thinking LSU is so good. There are many LSU players who have gone JUCO who played at teams that arent nearly as good as LSU. There is not a big jump from top tier JUCO to D-1.

Steven Waguespack - Delgado CC
    Quinn Stewart- Odessa CC
    Chris Cahill - Florida Gulf Coast
    Chase Dardar- Delgado CC
    Bruce Sprowl - Shelton State CC

All of these players played for Junior Colleges not nearly as good as LSUE. And these were key players for LSU. None of these players performed at the level of some of LSUE's players did in JUCO.

And as i stated earlier LSU wanted several of the players. The same pitcher that gave up 7 runs to LSUE in 3 innings allowed 3 runs in 7 2/3 against LSU.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

So these guys picked LSUE over LSU? Are they ag majors or something?

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

This is the dumbest trend I have ever read. We will not ever get to see LSUE play because they suck.

4. tothetop12

tothetop12 Freshman

5. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

Some of these guys will probably come play for LSU, and possibly be big contributors in the future. But to ever say that a JUCO team is better than a D-1 program is absolutely ludicrous. LSU, no matter how poor of a team they field in a particular year, will always be head and shoulders (probably more) above any JUCO team, no matter how good. You can throw names, and what number someone hit in their HS lineup (since that's what truly makes a good college player, what hole they hit in in HS) all you want, it doesn't change the fact that LSU is LSU, and LSUE is LSUE.

It's like death and taxes, LSU baseball team > JUCO baseball team.

6. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I don't like to bash new guys, but CMON! If you have the talent to play at LSU and you go to LSU-E instead, their are obviously reasons other than talent that keep you from going to LSU (grades come to mind). And if thats the case then they should go to LSU-E, because the last thing the Tigers need is players with academic issues.

7. tothetop12

tothetop12 Freshman

8. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

:confused: you lost me

LSUE...who cares

9. tothetop12

tothetop12 Freshman

:confused: you lost me

LSUE...who cares

If LSU wants recruit the best JUCO in the country they might want to care.
    Its just sad that LSU cant find these players for themselves.

Im an LSU fan like all you guys, i want them to win just as much as you. Im just trying to let yall know that this team should really be followed for LSU's sake

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

No, they can't prove they can compete with D-1 schools, especially SEC schools, unless they actually do it over a 25/30 game schedule. Hell, The Yellow Jackets beat the braves sometime is exhibition games, does that mena that GA Tech could join the NL-East?

A one game matchup proves absolutely nothing.