Who would you say is our new Rival???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LES4PREZ, Apr 16, 2006.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Agree and agree.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

:angryfire USC :angryfire

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU's rival is whoever stands between us and the SEC championship. It was Ole Miss in the fifties and sixties, Alabama in the seventies and eighties, Florida in the nineties and right now it is Auburn.

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I would say one of the teams we play every year, or at least a team we've played in the past 20 years.

But I guess Southern Cal is a good choice.

5. tiger386

tiger386 Freshman

Yeah, Auburn is our rival currently. I take great joy when we beat :eek:lefire: however. This is a tired topic. Hey, ULL may be LSU's bitch in football, but you don't have to broadcast it. I would be willing to bet that at least 80% of the people that go to LSU games are former ULL grads. I know, I am one of them. Save the hatred for Auburn, Ole Piss, especially Tulane, and Alabama. Leave little old ULL alone. Thanks.:geauxtige :helmet:

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I vote for Nicholls State personally...

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I'll take that bet with the quickness. How much do you want to put on it? 73,000 ULL grads at an LSU football game? You can't be serious.

Maybe you didn't learn about percentages at ULL?:hihi:
    Much of the distaste for ULL around here stems from their non-stop trash-talking and dissent for us. Believe me, we would never open fire on such a helpless target unprovoked. But many of them seem insistent on expressing their jealousy as hatred towards us. Thus, ULL will not be left alone. Sorry.

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It's tempting to lock or delete a thread like this until the doldrums of summer, but we can't complain about the new guys posting this since they don't know we'll see many of them from local posters as well as our rivals in the all summer long.

So I'll leave it alone.:hihi:

10. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Our only true rival is Tulane. We can't be Auburn's rival because they consider Alabama their true rival. We can't be Georgia's because their rival is G Tech. We can't be Florida's because they have FSU. We can't be Ole Miss' because they have MSU. The only feasable rivals within the SEC that we can have are Tennessee and Arkansas, unless you count Vandy and Kentucky.