who you think will be the RB for next year???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gladishh95, Jan 13, 2011.

1. gladishh95

gladishh95 Veteran Member

To me spencer ware is a great fit . he is physical but i hope he gets a little stronger during off season. but who do yall think??????

2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

There will be lots of carries to go around, I think, regardless of the OC. They will be split between 5 people though, JJ, Shep, Ford, Blue, and Ware. No telling who get's the most, but after the Cotton Bowl, Ware may have the inside track.

3. gladishh95

but to me none of them have the ability to be as physical as ridley was......it will take time

4. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

They all are faster than Ridley though. If the line can create lanes to run we will see more long TD's.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I hope that's the case, but we've been spoiled with some physical running backs lately...Hester, Scott, Ridley. I hope these young backs can run angrily like Ridley did. Even though he was kind of an unknown before this past year or so he ended up being one of my favorite players this past year. Ford seems to like to bust it to the corner but we need a RB to step up and get that tough 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Maybe true, but Ford is more powerful that Ridley and is much stronger (Look at what that kid does in the weight room)

Ford just needs to get some confidence. He seems to bounce around instead of just using his power to drive forward. Ridley just hit the hole and never gave up.

If Ford does that he will remind us of Mark Ingram. Refuses to go down.

7. gladishh95

if i had to choose right now i would have spencer ware with most of the snaps but ford i would use as a short yardage powerback

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I think Ford is the every down guy, with Ware getting a lot of action too. Blue will be in the mix as a 3rd down back (unless Murphy gets his 6th year granted) and of course Hilliard will be in the mix.

Don't forget about Jahkari Gore either.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Gotta agree with this. I've got as much confidence in our running backs for the next 3-4 years as I can ever remember having. This team has the potential to be scary good in the coming years.

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I gotta believe Ware is the front runner to get the most carries per game as it stands today. He appeared to be the man when SR was temp ruled ineligible.