Whoever Made out the schedule is a genius

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 17, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Do you really think losing a football game would make him cry? Really?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I like it when he hurls the headphones.

Nick told a story when he was here. His 15-year-old son was acting out and Nick was trying to tell him to be cool and not to get angry and lose control. The kid shut him up by asking "How many headphones have you broken this year so far?" The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

Nick maintains an even strain better than most coaches . . . but when he loses it, he loses it seriously.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You ever see coach Saban right after they dump that cooler of red Gatorade. Man, was he not happy. Stay tune.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

He never really seemed like the Gator Aid type to me. I think its his least favorite part of the job. Even more than press conferences.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Before the 2007 national Championship game, Les told his team to please not dump the gatorade on him when they won. He told them that he was contractually obligated to wear a $500 Nike Leather Jacket on the trophy stand and would have to do interviews until 3:00AM and he would appreciate not having to do all of that while soaking wet with sticky, sugary Gatoraid. So they dumped it on one of the assistant coaches instead and Les stayed dry.

Who is a smart coach?

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Les does pretty good when he gets a running start at it.
    There is a reason seniors usually get the dumpers job. Back in the day of dignified behavior they would pick the winning coach up on their shoulder pads and carry them to midfield.
    Nothing is more cool then that.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I'd like to see a classy team go back to that!

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I thought when George Allen (former Redskins coach and famous finger-licker) died back in 1990, there might be an end to the Gatorade Showers.

Allen was coaching Long Beach State and his players showered him after a season ending win over one of the Nevada schools. Allen was 72 at the time... it was a brisky day, temperatures in the low 50's and Allen did the post game soaked and then rode the bus back without changing... caught a severe cold and died six weeks later.

I would fear someone pouring Gatorade on someone like JoePa. Of course, he's safe right now as the showers are directly tied to winning!