WHO'S BETTER XAVIER OR EARLY?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUPHIL, Aug 7, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Doucet versus XC ... who's the best now

Doucet ... more durable and better hands ... immediate impact player ... end of story

XC ... pure peerless world class speed ... fair hands ... a project for the LSU coaches the next year or so ... not the great impact player most are wolf-whistling about ... they are blinded by the bling bling (speed) ... XC may end up in the secondary ... mark it down

Lavelle Hawkins is in the same boat as these two ... I like him better than XC for immediate impact ...

Who graduates as the most valuable player for LSU ... now that will be fun to watch ... I just hope all three mature quickly and give LSU 3-4 years of explosive and quick-striking ability ...

Bottom Line: LSU's offense gets those old numbers up with a great passing game ... to go with Saban's trademark great dee ...

and the restaduh SEC can bend over and kiss their sweet azzes g-bye

2. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

Hahahaha!! What a funny post!! :nope: :dis:

3. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

I have heard the same stuff as ramah (for whatever that is worth). Look for Doucet to get "early" playing time. Xavier is fast but very very raw. Hawkins is somewher in between. Hope they all turn out to be great Tigers.

4. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

You joined the board to ask this crap?

You have been a member for all of 6 days and with your total of 6 posts have already asked one of the most stupid questions of 2004.

Are you 10 years old or are you just trying to stir up crap?

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Early Doucet is an immediate impact type of athlete. By the time he's a Junior and the media has finally been convinced that LSU players are worthy of accolades, he will be a strong Heisman candidate.

6. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Wow, that's pretty strong. Seems to me the guy is just asking a question, maybe not the most informed question, but it seems pretty innocent to me. And if he is just 10 years old, or whatever, let's give him a break. He's a fellow Tiger fan.

7. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

Geez lay off people. It's not a stupid question. It's an attempt to promote discussion. I thought these boards were supposed to be friendly.

8. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I’ve heard, at this point, Lavelle Hawkins is the best and most experienced route runner of the three incoming freshmen.

With Green, Bowe, Davis, Hill (supposedly healed), and Addai, I would prefer to see two of the three incoming freshman redshirted this year to get stronger, learn the system, and be available for the young quarterbacks beginning next season. No, I didn’t forget Benny Brazell. Benny is an excellent headhunter on special teams.

Or if Hill is unable to go, redshirt at least one of the freshmen with Hill getting a medical redshirt.

9. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Since we really don't know how the new WRs current talents translate into the LSU system or how quickylt they will pick up the scheme, route running techniques, or consistency catching the ball, no one can really guess who will be the best new wideout.

Now, anyone who says XC is too raw must have forgotten what a big early impact Devery Henderson made after he switched to WR as a Junior. XC is at least as fast as Devery and is used to playing the WR position. Doucet, like Michael Clayton, played as a do-everything QB in HS while spendign some time at WR. Look for him to contribute quickly when called upon like Clayton did as a freshman.

The best thing that can happen for the Tigers is for the current returning, but inexperienced WRs (esp. Dwayne Bowe and a healthy Amp Hill) to succeed early along with Skyler Green to take pressure off of the newcomers to have to play immediately. The WR position battle should be the most exciting in fall camp this season, but we would probably be best off with the returning players winning the top 3 spots since they already have some chemistry with the QBs and experience in Jimbo's system. Amp Hill at 100% would be the Tigers' # 1 wideout, but Bowe is underrated.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It's you that needs to grow up with your 75 posts. Why are all of you jumping on this guy's case for a simple question? Some of you need to get off of your high horses. :dis:

The question probably could have been a worded a bit better, it's a bit broad. From what I hear, Carter still needs to develop into a complete all around receiver. For Carter the speed is there but as someone said earlier, he's still a bit raw. Doucet has the speed, athleticism, and hands to make him an early impact in 2004. So Carter has the speed edge, but Doucet is more advanced in his all around football skill.