WHO'S BETTER XAVIER OR EARLY?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUPHIL, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Well there is this institution known as high school. That is all we have to go on and that is what everyone bases their opinions on.

The same way an nfl prospect, coming out of college, is judged by nfl scouts. All they have to go on is their college play and therefor that is what they use. Why do I even have to explain this crap? Is this second grade?

2. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I would suggest that how good a player is when he walks out of prep school and his "potential" are two very different things. By your reasoning, Ron Powlus would have been the best quarterback to ever walk out of Notre Dame and Joe Montana would have been some loser. But if you want to go making predictions on how good guys will be based on their high school careers, go right ahead.

3. dscott3

dscott3 Founding Member

College camps

Most high school players are recruited by their performance in camps put on by Nike and college programs. High school talent is so diluted that "numbers" are just that, numbers. And high school numbers don't win college games.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Which new WR might be the best might be pure speculation at this point but nobody here needs your permission to speculate.

5. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Right on, BB.... :thumb:

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

....and that potential is displayed in his high school years. Either you just don't get this concept or you're just trying to be contradictory.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

STRIPES...I thought that this entire BOARD was pure conjecture...I mean...When I dog out David Pollack and say that he'll be a plug as an NFL player...Is that fact? I mean, I back it up with plenty of circumstantial and conjecture based information, but I honestly believe he will be.

How is that opinion any different than what I've seen on tape from both of these kids? I never said "this is fact" or that the Good Lord had already written it in stone atop Mt. Ararat that Carter wouldn't emerge till midseason...I said that "I think" and that's a HUGE difference between saying, "Early will be (insert opinion), and that's a fact."

Get off your soapbox...it's a little too wobbly to hold you up...

No one said we're Nick Saban, and I think it's obvious that while some do feel like they have insight, most here agree that Nick always has and always will put the best 11 on the field.

Do yourself a favor and refrain from destroying our fragile psyches with your intellectual thunderblots tossed from high atop Mt. Olympus...

Dork...

8. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Bengal B, you don't need my permission.....

To post stupidity either.

If picking one incoming freshman LSU player over another and attempting to forecast a player's contribution to LSU's team this coming season based on absolutely nothing turns your crank, then feel free to continue.

What a joke.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its pretty obvious that you are going to be a butthole whether you have my permission or not. If your little crank dosen't get a rise out of this discussion you are free to leave.

10. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Oh and for the great "Tiger Educated"....

No one would ever attempt to tell you anything. I have seen your all-knowing posts quite a few times and I'll give you credit for one thing,
    you never let logic get in the way of your opinion.

It is amazing how so many of you farts in your mid-20's know so damn much about everything. I am just amazed at your brilliance and that fact that your
    "knowledge" has now grown to the point that you can pick the best LSU players even before they have ever practiced a single down in college.

It's one thing to "predict" what a player like David Pollock (your example) will do because you have had three years of SEC ball to watch his performance. It is illogical to proclaim a 17-18 year old player as being this or that and better than another 17-18 year old player when your opinion is based on absolutely nothing.

Go pull you panties out of your ass. Punk.