WHO'S BETTER XAVIER OR EARLY?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUPHIL, Aug 7, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Hey, Stripes ... your Big ego can handle a little samck

I'm an old fart ... alive when LSU won it's first National Championship ... I watch HS FB film on recruits (an obsessive hobby) nearly 1,000 hours/year

Early Doucet will deliver ... XC will be a project ... Lavelle Hawkins is in there with Doucet ... period ... end of story

How the hell do you think LSU got their NC ... recruiting, Bubba ... great recruiting

Don't let Bengal B and the others get your goat ... you're better than that.

2. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Okay buddy, I have a great idea, let's hear your in depth analysis of the two players based on what you've seen. Tell me what you expect from them based on what you know of their high school exploits. I'm doing some research myself and I'm finding it's pretty freakin' tough to tell one from the other based on their high school accomplishments when you factor in the talents of their respective quarterbacks etc.. but I want to hear your acumen.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is he really better than that? The whole point that he can't seem to grasp is that while the speculation about which one of the hotshot freshman WRs will have the most immediate impact ranges from wild guesses to informed opinions none of us knows for sure what will happen when they get on the field. That dosen't make it any less enjoyable to talk about it with other Tiger fans. I can agree with both you and TE (how is that possible?) but whether you, me, TE or anybody elses thinks won't make a damn bit of difference as to what will happen. STRIPES wants to censor all of us from even talking about it.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

All this talk is doodly-squat

The season's almost here ...

we'll see!

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Wow, simply amazing. :dis:

6. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

lol! Okay, that's what I was expecting. So, let me tell you what I think you and LSUPHIL are really saying. Neither of the tow of you has seen these guys play, but you looked them up on the internet and you saw that some scouting report like "The Inders" claims that Carter is a "track star" and that Ducet is such "a great athlete" because he could play quarterback or running back or reciver and you take that to heart and you run with it and regurgitate it here to somehow sound profound by stating "Early is the better athlete so he has more potential", not really taking into consideration that Carter is two inches taller, runs faster, has a freakin' 40" vertical and for all we know, unless you're ready to prove otherwise may have better body control and may even be stronger. Yet, because he is considered more of a "track star" whereas Early is just pure football player, you're ready to declare Early the man with more potential. Or maybe you looked into the Phil Steele rag and saw that Steele has Early ranked as his #1 receiver even though he hasn't played receiver yet, and has Carter ranked as his #2 receiver and assume Phil must know what he's talking about. Either way, I'm not impressed. If someone wants to come on here and say I saw him play against ...... and he outjumped so-and-so, then I'll listen. Until then it's just silly.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

So what you're saying is that Carter has more potential cause he is taller, has a 40 inch verical and you think he has better body control and strength, even though Doucet has displayed, to all that have watched him, that he is a little more developed in his football skill?

You're right, we should believe what you say and disregard all reports that Doucet is further along in his football skills. My goodness what a joke. :hihi:

8. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

No, I see you're swift so I'll type real slow for ya. I'm saying that I don't know, and if I were to guess, it would be utter b.s. based on whatever wild speculation I could come up with based on what I have read, not based on what I have seen. "All the reports" as you reffer to them are done based on someone's subjective opinoin and me or you saying flatly that one of these guys or the other has more potential is basically like you or me deciding which chick is more beatifull between two women neither of us has ever seen based on the fact that some guy writes "Well Miss Fuzzbottom just has that certain something which makes her special so she is the one". And as for one being "further along in his football skills", they are both slated to play receiver right? Which one has played receiver in the past? Oh yeah, that would be Carter. Would it be logical to conclude that it is POSSIBLE, that Carter is further along in his receiving skills? I'm just saying I don't know, and neither do you. You want to keep trying to convince everyone that you do because of all the reports you've been reading?

9. LSUPHIL

LSUPHIL Freshman

STRIPES I WONDER WHY U ARE JUMPING ALL OVER PEOPLES BACK?
    O YEAH AND FOR THAT LIL REMARK U MADE EARLY ABOUT THIS POST IT'S MY POST A YOU DONT HAVE TO POST YOUR SMART COMMENTS ABOUT THE TOPIC. IF YOU DONT LIKE DONT POST!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS EASY AS 1.2.3

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Round 1 is over and the judges have ruled that the 35 guys in favor of thius thread have a slight lead over the 3 guys who are not in favor of this thread, scored on a 10 point system. Right now my scorecard has it at 10-7 with no knockdowns.