WHO'S BETTER XAVIER OR EARLY?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUPHIL, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

You really are precious, aren't you? So your whole argument is based on reports others have made, hmmmm. And you're not trying to convince anyone that Ducet has better potential than Carter, hmmm. Let's look at some of the things you've posted on this thread:

"Ducet has the speed, athleticism, and hands to make him an early impact in 2004"

Ducet has the hands? Was that in one of the reports you saw, or did you pull that one out of you a$$? Since he wasn't a receiver in high school, I would doubt that there are a whole lot of reports about how good his hands are.

"..so Carter has the speed edge, but Ducet is more advanced in his all around football skill"

Okay, they have both been timed, so Carter is faster. Ducet is more advanced in his all around football skill, yeah, I read that report that said he could be used to play several positions, but for the life of me I can't figure how you deduce from that, that Ducet is the better receiver now (a position he has not played) and has more potential.

"these two were observed in high school to give one an idea of who's the better receiver as of now. This observation also gives us an insight on who has the better potential"

You've made a quantum leap here somehow, because it is pretty tough to observe them in high school, see one playing receiver and the other play running back, and conclude that the running back is the better receiver as of now, wouldn't you say? Is it possible you didn't even know that Ducet wasn't a receiver in prep school? I'd say that's another one you've pulled out of you-know-where.

As for the observation giving insight on who has the better potential, when one player is taller, faster, and can jump higher and both will be playing receiver yet both are still untested, it's a strange thing to declare that the other has more potential. I don't imagine that's in any report either.

Finally, I attack your intelligence only because you've been nothing but condescending thoughout this whole thread. You know, "Why do I even have to explain this crap?" like it should be self-evident to the rest of us that those "reports" were made by people who are always right and we should just trust them. Or, "for the slow posters like STRIPES" who basically was saying the same thing you eventually said yourself.

My suggestion is, next time just post links to the reports and say, "This is what I've read and I believe this guy"

Finally, I really love it when people start backpeddling and resort to pointing out spelling errors and using cute little smiley faces. It's a message board, I have large fingers which sometimes hit the wrong key, and then there are times when I just misspell words, I don't want to have to make every post gramatically perfect.

p.s. You didn't spell knowledgeable correctly.:wink:

2. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

Hey guys we're all on the same team. It would benefit LSU if all three freshmen end up being All-SEC. Doucet is the home town favorite & I'm sure a lot of people are pulling for him to shine. Also, Carter is a legacy recruit. His Mother is an alumnus who sent her kid back to experience that great LSU atmosphere. "Hawk" is a long way from home & picked LSU after Doucet & Carter committed. This shows me he believes in his abilities & not afraid to compete.

Let's just be glad that we got 3 Parade AA & pray they all come close to the accolades.

3. tigerfan4120

tigerfan4120 Freshman

yup

Tiger_23 is a smart man. Look, I could see comparing Doucet and Carter's pros and cons back when they were both being recruited and were uncommitted to any team. But now they're both Tigers. I know its fun to try to compare the two and speculate on which will have more of an impact, but just keep it positive. There is no need to bicker; Doucet & Carter AND Hawkins are members of the LSU football team and they'll all contribute.

4. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

lol! Bicker?! I haven't had this much fun in a long time, well, since last season. I used to post over on the ESPN board before they nuked it and lost everyone. Nobody there had any spunk. This board rocks. But if we're getting on your nerves guys, we can stop...so, who's better, Herman Johnson or Ryan Miller?:rofl:

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You may be right guys, it's pretty pointless trading blows with this fella. I will now bow out on top. Gandalf, continue if you must, but you aren't convincing anyone of your hooey.

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: