Who's Faster?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b L e S e U r, Feb 6, 2004.

1. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Bennie Brazell or Xavier Carter?

2. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

I have heard arguments for both of them being the faster one it will be fun to watch them on the field and find out

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brazell was a member of the NCAA Champion 400 meter relay team. He has world class speed. Unfortunately he dropped too many passes in the early season. Carter may be just as fast and he has more or a football background than Brazell.

The fastest guy in shorts on a track is not always the fastest guy on grass wearing full football gear. When I played football in high school the coach had a little after practice torture drill. He would pair up guys according to how fast they were and make us race from the practice field to the locker room. The locker room entrance was about 100 yards from the football field. The winner got to go inside and drink some water and shower while the loser had to return to the field and race somebody else. There was a guy on the team who had won the State Championship in the 100 the year before and would win it again in his senior year. I never beat him a single time on the track but since I was pretty fast the coach would always make me race him to the locker room. Wearing full football gear I never lost to him a single time. I got to give the guy credit though. After I beat him the first 7 or 8 times I had hoped that he would slack up and save his strength for the next guy he had to race so that I wouldn't have to go all out but he never did and I had to go all out every time and was totally exhausted.

4. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Pretty Sure Carter has a faster 100 meter time.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Carter is bigger than Benny for sure and this will serve him well.

6. hunt4heisman

hunt4heisman Founding Member

Does it really matter who's faster on the football field when you speak of two guys with world class speed? If either gets half a step on any defender, cancel Christmas. I'm just glad to have so much speed on our team

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Henry said that it is very good for Carters developement that he came to LSU as we have other kids that are faster than him right now, don't know if he was includinbg bennie in that group though.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Benny has proved it to us. The guy can fly. XC has to pay some dues here, on the track and the grid before I'm going to annoint him the fastest man on the team.

It could happen, though.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

The difference in speed is probably so minute that it won't really matter.

10. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Bennie is leaner than XC and therefore may be able to take XC on the track. But I think XC is stronger and would probably take Bennie with the pads and helmet on the grass.

I think it would be an awesome matchup.