Who's going to be the X-Factor for the basketball team this year...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by train, Dec 17, 2008.

1. train

train Founding Member

This basketball season is going to be interesting... Who do yall think is going to be the X-Factor for the 2008-09 season... In the more recent yrs we have been led by our Front court... Last year we had Johnson and Randolph, before that we had Davis and Johnson, before that we had Thomas and Davis, before that we had Davis and Bass. Now this year we have a seasoned 5th year Sr. in Temple at a guard spot, a Sr.guard that can put up pts by the bunches in M Thorton, a young So guard who seems to playin well in Spencer (eventhough he hasnt had any pressure put on him yet) but has done well so far, another streaky shootin Sr guard in Martin who at times cant miss and at times cant seem to buy a bucket (but CAN be a threat from the perimeter), we have a young Fr pt guard who has potential to be a quality player for us in yrs to come in Bass, another wing player in Alex, then we have Johnson and T Mitch who is undersized, but has the BIGGEST HEART along with Temple on the team... The only thing I hope CTJ does is play the young Storm Warren ahead of Q Thorton... WHAT R UR THOUGHTS

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think in order for this team to go really far and contend 2 things have to happen, we MUST have great point guard play. And second Temple has to step up and be that all american defender he is capable of. So i will have to say Temple with his defense.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I've only seen one game this year, but Thornton and Spencer look impressive thus far.