Who's got the toughest road to Miami ... and the best chance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Apr 9, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I like the cuffs, but what about putting little bongs on their helmets instead of tomahawks for good plays?????

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

A pair of shoes might be more fitting.

3. bayareatiger

Not if they were the WRONG SIZE!!!!!!!! :D

...and besides, free shoes might be unethical, but they're not illegal!!!!

The bongs provide the tie-in{smirk} with the cuffs....

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

What about some inmate stripes for the criminoles helmet?

5. bayareatiger

...and while you're at it, how about a halo for St. Bobby?????

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Look for LSU vs. USC in the Sugar Bowl for the NC

USC only because of their schedule

LSU because their defense may be even better than it was last year. Factor in all of the following facts.

You have 2 returning corners who will be even better this year (the 2 best in the nation as a pair undoubtedly). You have a freshman in LaRon Landry who is actually going to be much better this year due to his experience factor. Look for him to be the leader of the defense just as Jack Hunt was this past year. Quality nickel and dime DBs make this the best defensive secondary in the country.

The defensive line will be just as good as Kirston Pittman becomes every offensive player's nightmare in the SEC. Look for him to be huge in replacing Marquis Hill at DE. Plenty of choices to replace Chad Lavalais at DT as well. Maybe a half step down from where he was, but a half step down from stupendous is still outstanding!

Lionel Turner will be a monster at Inside LB, as well as Cameron Vaughn at WILL. Again plenty of choices to replace Alexander at SAM. He was probably the weak link in our linebacking corp, so there should be no drop off at LB this year, possibly even a slight improvement should the SAM replacement step up big time. Again Turner and Vaughn are only going to be that much better with another year under their belt.

The offense will be suspect at times only because of their lack of experience. Look for huge offensive outputs against weak opponents, while we struggle just a bit against quality defenses like Georgia.

LSU 24 Auburn 10
    LSU 16 Georgia 13
    LSU 23 Florida 6

LSU 20 Georgia 12 SEC CG

LSU will hold opponents under 10 points per game this year, improving upon their mark of 10.6 last year.

The only other big area of concern in close ball games as we will undoubtedly have against Georgia both times will be the kicking game (both place kicking and punting). This could be costly in either of the Georgia tilts.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Great post. You are probably right about the D having to win the tough games against quality opponents in the early to mid season but by the end of the season either Flynn or Russell should be clicking on all cylinders and Early and the X Man will have come along enough to give LSU the best receiving corps in the country along with Green and Amp if he is recovered from his injuries. Until then the Tigers will have to rely on JV and the running game but when it all comes together it will be a total Shock & Awe offense. I agree with your regular season predictions for the Auburn, Georgia and Florida games but by the time of the SECCG look for a score like LSU 48- UGA 10.

If Miami gets by the Criminoles USC won't be in the Orange Bowl. LSU and the Canes will be the BCS choices on strength of schedule if all 3 teams go undefeated.

Orange Bowl prediction:

LSU 44
    Miami 16

The only way it will be a close game is if the Canes discover a QB a lot better than Brock Berlin.

The Tigers won one NC on their home turf. Its time to win another on the other teams home turf.

8. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Or Randall.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

"Clicking on all cylinders" and Marcus Randall

isn't that an oxymoron?......not sure....maybe someone can help me out here.

10. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

I'll help you. You are right. However, it was just a reminder that we don't know who is gonna be the man. I dont count anybody out. If we the fans don't even give him a chance, then he will never make it. I feel just as everybody else does that I don't think randall can lead us to what we want. But i refuse to dismiss him from the race. He could surprise us.