Who's looking forward to seeing the LSU defense bring the pain to Lane?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Nov 14, 2004.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If Lane had come to LSU, we might have a three quarterback rotation instead of the Rebels. ;) It appears that both teams are suffering from a lack of execution at that position.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Correct me if I'm wrong. Robert Lane was a baseball prospect, and he wouldn't tell Coach Saban that he wasn't going to play pro ball. Therefore, Coach Saban told him he would still be recruiting Flynn and Russell.

We couldn't afford another Josh Booty situation. So, we weren't being "greedy" for another QB. We were being realistic and trying to learn from history.

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Looking forward to it. Flatt will be a sitting duck, so I expect Lane to see a good bit of action.

4. ScoobaTiger

ScoobaTiger Founding Member

CNS was never "greedy" by recruiting another QB. Robert Lane would not give LSU a straight up answer. What would you rather, losing Lane to the MLB draft, while not recruiting JaMarcus, and ending up with only one quarterback or having all three. The real reason for Lane's Ole Miss choice is he was scared of the competition b/c, lord knows there is no talent at Ole Piss. He is the one who is greedy

:lsug: :champs: :lsug:

5. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

You are right. Smoke and Turtle really went after him and at one point they thought it was a done deal, but it didn't work out. I hope we really put it to him this weekend!

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Lane can be as motivated as he wants. Williams, Spears, Turner, Wroten and company will knock the motivation out of him. With the defense we had in the fourth qtr we may have beat anybody in the nation.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I know that, I'm just looking at it from his perspective. The irony is, we would have gotten him anyway had we not landed or stopped recruiting J. Russell; he went undrafted in the MLB draft that spring, not because he ain't no good (he's a dang good baseball player), but, for the same reasons we kept our options open; he wanted to keep his open. MLB teams who were interested in drafting him though, were insisting on "baseball only." From what I was told, for the right price, Lane might have done baseball only, but it would have had to be a fat contract, because he really wanted to do both. MLB teams aren't interested in two-sport accomodations anymore though, so he went undrafted.

He wasn't afraid of competition; he was more than ready to compete with Matt Flynn. He just wanted it all. Unfortunately, you can't have it all; there will be no more Deions or Bo Jacksons in the sports world of today.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol notice how he resembles one of those manning younguns in your avatar? a perfect fit.