Who's Making the Trip to Omaha

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Jun 8, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I thought I start the tread. I cannot go due to the fact I am virtually poor right now and have to work to make some money for football season in the fall. I will however watch the games on T.V. thought. Do you know of any places to watch the games with other LSU fans in Houston. I know many Tiger fans in NW Houston go to SRO on 1960 but I pretty sure there has to be other places that Tiger fans go to.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I would love to go. Some good friend's of mine have a birthday this weekend (they are twins) and I told them I would come to Shreveport to celebrate with them and that would mean not going to Ohmaha. I think I will have to side with my friends, they are two of my best friends.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What part of Houston do you live in? I was in Houston a couple of years ago when LSU was playing the U of Houston and I watched the game at some sports bar on NASA 1 Road in Seabrook. I don't remember the name of the place but there were a lot of other Tiger Fans in there.

4. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

ChuckE here, my 12 year old daughter and I will be there. We live in Fort Dodge, Iowa (3/hrs away) and made the 2000 series. We sat with the left field lunatics in the championship game. Brooke was 8 and very bashful at the time. I went to get her a coke and came back, and there she was chanting LSU with all those lunatics. I was proud of that. The only good thing about living here (When the Tigers geaux to Omaha). I have many Hawkeye fans that are big LSU baseball fans and they are going too!

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Houston spots

Woodrow's on Chimney Rock between Richmond and Westheimer always has a lot of LSU fans. I was there for the Bluegrass Miracle and thought the upstairs floor was going to cave in. I probably would've left in disgust but was waiting for my bill.

I've been to the SRO at 610/290 (Northwest Mall?) a few times and there have been some LSU fans (& Saints fans) for games.

You can get on the e-mail list for lsuhouston.com and they always send out locations. Just go to the website and ask to be included. There's one for north houston also (like the Woodlands and everything north of the beltway).

Wish I could go to Omaha but I'm poor also. I was so close to going in '96 but I had to take classes at LSU during the summer and the schedules conflicted. My buddies who went had some good stories.