Who's the unexpected impact player in 2005?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, May 24, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My pick is Kuale at linebacker. We need the LBs to step up this year and I think we may have some depth issues, but the starters will be studs.

2. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

It definitely will be someone on the defensive side of the ball. There are already high expectations for all of our offensive players.

That being said, I think one of our DB's are going to step up. I would not be surprised if it is Sammy Joseph.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

ronnie prude...just kidding. i get a hookfin vibe from him. some people like him though.

my pick is claude wroten. i know he made his presence felt last year, but some teams may scout kyle williams as the guy to double leaving wroten with more room to work and to dominate. i also like the athleticism of chevis jackson. :helmet:

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I would also pick Joseph. He started for CU as a freshman so he's got the ability. Hopefully the change of scenery and being back home will result in a super year.

5. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

I'm going with RP. As in Ronnie Prude.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I'll go with Joseph at CB.

He'll have the opportunity and chance to shine back there, and I think he's ready to do just that.

7. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

Chevis Jackson or Sammy Joseph, or both.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

Claude Wroten - not that his impact will be unexpected, I just think he'll over-deliver in playing his way into a nice NFL Draft spot.

With Wroten, Oliver, and Williams, one of these kids better be ready to get loose and bring the wood because ain't nobody blocking them all...

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

All year I've been saying that Justin Vincent would be back in 05... but I don't think it will happen. He'll have a better year than last year, but not what he did freshman year.

So my pick would have to be Joseph for CB. Besides LB, it's really the only position we aren't already sure we can expect big things from for next year.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

JV is done. Mentally there is no way for a freshman to handle the success that he experienced at the tail end of 2003, and it showed, right from the jump against Oregon State. He looked the same as he looked last year during the spring scrimmage, which was indecisive in the backfield and dancing around hoping for a two-lane highway to open up.