Who's the unexpected impact player in 2005?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, May 24, 2005.

1. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

I'm going with Ronnie Prude as well.
    55 Total Tackles, 3 Sacks, 15 Passes Defended, 4 INT's (1 for TD)

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

chevis jackson

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Not necessarily such a bad thing...Demetrius was a stud his senior year.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Unexpected, let's see.

On offense I will go with Jacob Hester, I like what I saw out of him last year. I think he will add a good dimension to the offense and make some big plays.

On defense, I will go with Marlon Favorite, I think he will win a regular spot in the rotation and have an impact.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I just think JV had a sophomore slump and then found himself on the third team without enough PT to play his way out of it. Maybe he's also playing 15-20 pounds too heavy for a 5-10 back. 215 pounds is more than the taller powerback, Joseph Addai carries. I don't think he's become indecisive as much as he's become slower and less agile.

His attitude is right, apparently he's no head case and he's still young and injury-free. If he lightens up and gets enough playing time, it could be an unexpected impact year for Vincent again.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

^^^Spring practice didn't seem to indicate that next year would be any different. Supposedly, Miles hasn't even mentioned Vincent when he talks about our running backs on the TAF tour. I really like Vincent & am still hoping he comes back to form, but the signs aren't pointing that way. Justin is a really mellow guy and didn't like all the attention he got his freshmen year. Perhaps he's subconsciously not doing as well because of that....? I don't know the answer, I doubt even Justin knows the answer.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I hate to see anyone writing JV off just yet. The guy has proven he had the talent to be a very good back and he still has plenty of time at LSU to get back on top.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

The answer is simple: Joe Addai and Alley Broussard. Vincent got his shot via nagging injuries to the backs ahead of him and he shined in a well-balanced offense with one of college football's best blocking WR's in Clayton at the corner.

Addai is a true leader on and off the field and he is a Team Captain candidate for sure (per Coach Miles) - Addai is a tough kid and I think he has NFL written all over him.

Not including Broussard in the gameplan would be clinical insanity. Broussard alone will make this offense open up if he stays healthy and hungry.

This leaves JV right where he is - however, he should know better than anyone else that his second chance to shine could come at any moment (especially with Edwards transferring to UNC).

9. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

suprise? we all know that he is fast but...

xavier carter... watch this kid make some national media waves as well...

I still remember flynn's TD to him in the MSU game last year...

X-man jukes the guy and flys up the field in like 3 seconds... completely ridiculous.

So thats my pick. All he needs is a chance to be in the limelight...

dammit... we have way to many good WR's... (not as if its a bad thing)

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

i also think that kevin steltz will turn a lot of heads at DB.