Who's this year's Tennessee?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Jun 3, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

One loss is a high probability, two losses may be a first. When was the last time a team played in what was thought to be a national championship game with two losses?

Of course many years there wasn't a defacto championship game so it is hard to say I guess.

The SEC championship game is a big risk by the SEC, it casn knock teams out of the national title game more easily than it can propel a team into it and I believe it coast the SEC a BCS Bowl game in a lot of other years. Of course it helped the SEC when we upset UT in 2001 as far as getting 2 teams in BCS Bowls but at the same time it cost UT a shot at the national title. The SEC decided to reap the benefit of the financial windfall from the championship game and I'm sure was hoping that all conferences would follow suit, the Pac 10 and Big 10 have thrown a monkey wrench into that scenario though and that gives them a better chance at having a team go unbeaten.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course, our SECCG win in 2003 was the extra game that put us past Southern California in the percentages and landed us in the BCS game even though OU and USC were ranked higher all year.

3. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Couldn't agree more. Back to the glory days now that the golden boy is gone.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Does Vandy even qualify? They are never expected to win anything anyway, but Tennessee is supposed to be a power every year.:geauxtige