Why all LSU fans should be pulling for the Pats to kick the !%*@ out of Indianapolis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBud, Jan 11, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Delhomme is a truly remarkable story and I am really happy for him. It would be incredible if they can pull off the upset at Philly this week. But losing Stephen Davis hurt them. He may not play this weekend. The backup looked real good though. Not much of a dropoff.

He's got a better arm that I had realized.

2. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

I don't understand the Manning hating .
    I really respect him for staying his senior year of college. He passed up buckets of money to finish up with his teammates. Not easy to do, no matter how much money your family has.

I'm still upset that he did'nt win the Heisman - he got railroaded by the same media hype that got USC the AP Championship this year.
    Come on, this guy (Manning) is what the friggin award is all about ! Woodson was not even the MVP on his own team, for crying out loud !
    I like him and respect his hard work and dedication.

However, i'm also pulling for the Pats this weekend .

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I don't understand where the Manning hating comes, either. Peyton is a first-class athlete, as well as a first-class person. He is a proven leader on the field and would be successful anywhere. And I certainly don't think he tries to convince people he should have won the Heisman. He didn't have to fall to the curse! Not to mention he finished 2nd in the Heisman voting but was drafted first overall. As for his family "shunning" their state school: keep in mind, his family's state school is Ole Miss. The only reason they are here is because Archie played for the Saints for so long. If Peyton shunned any school, it was Ole Miss, when he chose Tennessee instead. Don't get me wrong, I love Green, Faulk, and Rohan, but being from New Orleans and graduating from the same high school as Peyton did, I have to pull for him to win the Super Bowl.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Left out one more Patriot - 4 in all!

Is that true? How old is he? He must be over 40.

5. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You're right on point.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who knows? Maybe Peyton would have come to LSU if Saban had been the coach then and Jimbo the OC. Can you blame him for not wanting to play for Curley Hallman? Peyton Manning and Josh Booty were the two highest rated high school quarterbacks that year and Booty had signed with LSU before he decided to try baseball.

TigerStripe2003, Peyton Manning has never done anything for you. Does he owe it to you to do something for you?

I am not a Colts fan or a Panthers fan but I think it would be great if the 2 starting quarterbacks in the Superbowl were both Louisiana natives. I don't think it will happen. The Colts have a good chance but if it is freezing and snowing in New England next Sunday the Patriots defense will dominate. The Eagles were lucky to win today. The Packers blew the game. The Eagles won't continue to win if McNabb has to be their leading rusher but they will be at home against the Panthers.

If it happens I will be rooting for Carolina and Jake Delhomme. Why? I have nothing against Peyton but he is the golden boy who grew up as a rich kid never hurting for a dollar and learned the game of football at the feet of his Dad, Archie and was a can't miss #1 pick in the draft. Jake has come to be where he is the hard way as a longtime backup for the Ain'ts and has had to work to be where he is.

8. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

The good thing here really is the talent in the NFL that comes from Louisiana. This is one of the things that attracted Saban in the first place. The high school talent is really looking good and we should see La. boys wearing the Purple and Gold for a while.

I support them all

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm pulling for the Pats over the Colts but I respect the Mannings. I've tried many times to convince myself that the Mannings are overrated but they keep proving me wrong. I keep hoping that Brady will get injured (is that wrong?) so that Ro can show his stuff.

I played against Brandon Stokley in high school so it's good to see him sticking around. I'm almost positive LSU didn't recruit him. I don't think he played football until his senior year, and he made All-State that year. He was more of a basketball & baseball star.

I'm a big Marvin Harrison fan. Just does his job quietly with staggering numbers every year. One of the reasons I named my 9 month old "Harrison," who's 13-1 lifetime as a Tiger fan. Others are George Harrison (possibly to be an underrated Beatle?) and Harrison Ford (ladies love the little dude already).

Why am I pulling for the Pats? Too big of an LSU connection. Played against K. Faulk quite a bit too.

Also have to pull for Delhomme. What a great story. Cajun as can be. I doubt LSU recruited him either. If you don't like him because he didn't go to LSU, that almost sounds like the penis envy that other schools like USL, Tech, Tulane, etc have about us.

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Rich kid poor kid, you have to be blessed with athletic ability and put in a heck of a lot of sweat and pain to make it to the NFL. However, I usually pull for the underdog. I just though it would be unique if two Louisiana quarterbacks were to make it to the Superbowl. That coupled with LSU's National Championship shoud give the athletes of Louisiana unprecedented coverage.