Why all the negativity??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Apr 28, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I bumped the post below from the Thread in regards to Miles getting fired and Tickets sales dropping etc.

I really appreciate this post and it makes perfect sense.

"I don't. They surely wouldn't plummet. Young guys don't like to hear it, but it wasn't all that long ago that LSU suffered six losing seasons in a row. LOSING seasons like 3-8 and 4-7. 8 wins beats the crap out of that. But the fans did not flee. Grumble, bitch, and moan, sure. But disappear . . . nope.

Don't forget that Ole Miss dropped to being nobody for 30 years, Alabama had a ton of 7 and 8 win seasons this past decade, Florida stumbled between Spurrier and Mayer. Nobody goes to the top and stays there, not even Texas and USC who hire the best players and coaches in the country year-in and year-out.

Teams are going to have peaks and valleys in this decade, especially in the highly competitive SEC. LSU could have lots worse problems than a win-waveform that peaks at national championships and troughs at 8 wins. Florida and Bama have suffered 7-win seasons in the last decade, but not LSU."

I do not post or respond much on here, rather just read. I understand LSU is not where we all want them to be right now, each and every one of us has our own solution to the problems, we all agree on most of the same things, but one thing I'll never agree on is turning my back on my team even in the thickest of times. I was raised to bleed purple & gold and will die the same way.

I just want to see more focus on the positives, and Improvements we have made, what we have learned from past mistakes, and hopefully made this spring and up coming summer.

As well as taking those feelings of defeat in all 3 games last season that feeling of disgust we all as fans had in our stomach, all knowing…..that had 1 thing gone differently, had Charles Scott been able to stick in on 3rd & Goal against Florida, Had the ref not missed that horrible call on Riley Cooper’s Touchdown & UF…or… Had JJ & CS not gotten hurt against BAMA after we controlled the game the first 3 quarters, & had PP been in on the TD screen pass to Julio Jones, or Had the Ref Over Turned the obvious Interception, and I don’t even feel like I need to comment on the Ole Miss game. We lost all 3 of those games by 10 points or less and WERE BY NO MEANS BLOWN OUT, DOMINATED, OR EVEN CONTROLLED FOR THAT MATTER.

THEY WERE HEART BREAKERS, AND WE NEED TO TAKE THAT FUEL AND RUN WITH IT THIS YEAR!!!!

I think we are forgetting how close we came to being a team with the 99th ranked Offense in the NCAA playing in the National Championship Game last season. Cause had a few balls bounced our way, It COULD/WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!

AND Trust me, I face reality, I was there at the bar getting laughed at last season when JJ spiked that ball against Ole Miss, I acknowledge all the issues we are having on offense/defense/coaching…… why do we continue to run to the short side of the field with all that speed……. Why do we continue to call plays from the sideline when JJ cant get the signals right, yet when we huddle up we have success moving the football……….Why is our D so tough on goal line stands but gets drove down the field between the 30's…Why do play down the competition and have tight games against Miss St. & La. Tech, but Look BCS Bound in 3 of 4 quarters against the #1 & #2 Teams in the nation – BOTH Of which were coming off bye weeks to prepare for us.

I believe the coaching staff sees this too. I believe that Miles and company sat on a very talented group of recruits last season, let his seniors play out, and I BELIEVE we will see the light at the end of that tunnel. It may not be this season, maybe next.

I truly in the bottom of my heart/gut feel that if nothing else this season, we at least BEAT BAMA AT HOME. They may be our only Championship this year, because we have an extremely tough schedule ahead of us. I do not believe, that right now, there is a single team in College Football who would be looking forward to this upcoming LSU schedule, and would not bet on a single team winning out all 12 games!!

Give me one team??

3 people like this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

wanna arm wrestle?

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

that was completely out of the blue now wasn't it? :hihi:

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Just tired of reading so much garbage lately about how LSU is turning to ****, and how "dark clouds are glooming over the bayous of baton rouge and coach Les Miles"

I mean, after winning it all, we had an 8 win and a 9 win season in a conference that has won the last 4 national titles. It's just disturbing, that's all. If I am alone on this one than that's fine, just my opinions.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

There are many people in life that are happiest being miserable. We have our share of them here.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

just to put a number on tigerfans' loyalty--

avg home attendance 1986 78k, 1993 60k, 1997 80k. so basically about 25% are bandwagon

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You're not alone. Some people just have to find a bogeyman for everything. Just wait until our first loss. Hundreds of people that we never see in the off season or after a win show up to bitch an moan. About a quarter will be posers from rivals just stirring up trouble, but most are just worriers who get out their frustration via ranting on the internet. Best to just ignore them.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

For the millionth time, it's NOT the record everyone is pissed about. It's not the losses. Its the fact that Miles is paid 4 million bucks, more than any other coach at LSU, and the manner in which those losses come.

How much were Dinardo and Saban, Archer and Hallman paid? Since Miles has gotten his payday, LSU's SEC record is a whopping 8-8. Those wins 2 over Mississippi State, 1 over Georgia, 1 over Vanderbilt, 2 over Auburn which is sweet, 1 over South Carolina, and 1 over Arkansas, who had beaten us 2 years in a row. I'm not saying he is on the hot seat, but his seat is getting warmer. And if we can't beat at least 2 of the 3 teams that have beaten us the past 2 years, his seat will get even warmer.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Get used to it because you are going to see more and more coaches paid the same or more over the next decade and beyond. And all of them will not be able to win conference and national championships year in and year out.

Just becoming the name of the game. Remember he is being paid that much because he brought home one of these:crystal:

I agree programs across the country should just put a one time huge bonus after winning a championship to prevent the inflation we are seeing in coaching salaries but these coaches have great agents. :grin:

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i agree with you, just poking fun because that seems to be all any LSU fan hears lately.