Why all the negativity??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Apr 28, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is a great example of this and an eerie parallel to our salary situation with Miles. He makes somewhere in the neighborhood of $3M, I believe, but last season was the first time he's even come close to sniffing a Big 10 championship since 2004.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You know, I really don't hear people complaining about Miles salary at all. You have to pay to get a top coach in the NCAA. everybody knows this.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

:hihi:

Alabama

:popcorn:

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Coaches come and go, I love LSU, win, lose or draw :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Bama may want to have the fact that we don't face 6 SEC teams after their bye-week, but I don't think they would want to face some of our competition. Granted they do add UF this season, which should be an interesting wrinkle to see how they do, but our OOC schedule is kinda sick with UNC and WVU in the same season.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

it was more of the answer to the question of which team would win all twelve games than whether or not they would switch scheds with us.

and i was just stirring the pot.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You apparently have forgotten about Georgia St. We are (99 good reasons to edit)concerned, we like to refer to it as the unknown factor.

Truthfully, any SEC team that makes it through has earned it. I've complimented LSU on playing the toughest OOC schedule this year. The game in Atlanta this year made a tough schedule that much harder.

Like Bama the last two years, I think it's really important to beat UNC and get some momentum and identity for the rest of the year. It is still early, I thought VaTech recovered after their loss somewhat, but just lacked that something special to get through their schedule as elite.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Third highest paid coach in the conference finished third in the conference. What's the problem?

New Page 2

NCAA Southeastern Conference Conference Standings - College Football - ESPN

The reality is, every school in the SEC is doing as much as LSU in terms of trying to win. Make no mistake, their fans and boosters are just as passionate about their programs as we are. We have won 2 national championships in the past 8 years with one coming with the current coach. You guys need to remember back to The late 90's when being a fan was very difficult. These are the glory days and we need to enjoy them.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not gonna argue with the fact that any SEC team that takes it this season will have deserved it. If I were a betting man I would take that a 10-2 season will be the ceiling for the best teams in the SEC West. LSU, Bama, Auburn, Ark, and Ole Miss are all poised to fight for the top to #2 spot. I have said before and still believe that the SEC West top to bottom will be the strongest division of any conference this season.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Problem is 8-8 in the SEC since the payday. Is 4 million plus on par with mediocrity in Conference?