Why all the negativity??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Apr 28, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Disappointed is a normal reaction to that type of season. Constantly calling for the coaches heads, complete disrespect, constantly sucking Sabans joke and pointing out that Miles is always going to be a 2nd tier coach, constantly pointing out that we will never be elite again and are on our way back to the dark ages, and basically just always being a gloom and doom fan/bandwagon fan, is what gets old and is boring to keep hearing.

We all have great desires and goals for our Tigers, we all are upset when we see what we have the past 2 seasons, we all want for our Tigers to be in contention for the SECC every year, and we all won't accept anything less than an effort that shows we are improving. We all know that there have been issues over the past 2 seasons, what some fail to acknowledge is that Miles has consistently answered the problems with solid solutions. They forget that he acknowledged that the 2 headed monster D coordinators didn't work, so what did he do, he hired an entire new D coaching staff, and the D improved. Now he knows the O is letting the team down and has some issues that need addressing, so what does he do, he hires a bunch of top notch coaching assts, acknowledges that we have an issue at QB that may or may not be able to be answered in a way that we have a very good to great QB, so what does he do, he emphasizes that we will be a power run team. He admits and acknowledges that the coaches failed to utilize RS's talents enough, so what does he do, publically admits this mistake and commits to getting the most out of RS's talents.

Personally, even though Miles does have his short comings, I think that he has shown he can answer the call time and again, and once again will answer the call with the correct moves to make this team be the best that it can be. Will we be perfect, I don't think so, but I think we will definitely see an improvement over last season and win a couple of the games we lost over the past 2 seasons. I look forward to the season and am anticipating a "Damn Strong Team" to be taking the field week in and week out.
    :geaux: :tigereye::LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

A lot of the negativity comes from new "lifelong fans" who signed on after we won two championships. Others are upset because they don't like Miles due to his coaching philosophy. Yet others have no concept of past years when LSU was going through a very dry spell, and demand wins every game. Even if we won every game, many people would still find something to complain about.
    While wins are great, they don't happen all the time. And if they did, I'm sure people would get tired of that as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think this is a sensible post.

Of course, we're ultimately just circumventing the entire NegaTigers vs Realists vs SunshinePumpers argument.

I would characterize LaSalle, based on that post, as a realist.