Why are most concerned about QB change?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COLD SMOKE, Aug 30, 2011.

1. COLD SMOKE

COLD SMOKE Founding Member

Perhaps this has been written about on another thread, So if it has it has, I appologize beforehand. I have believed for a couple of years now, that JL gives LSU their best oppurtunity for opposing defenses to respect our offense. This kid can throw the football well enough that you can't ignore the pass. LSU is a talented team at every position on the field. Yes, even at qb. I think we just need to consider why we have been suspect of our guys under center the last few years. Jarret was thrown into a position he was not ready to do his best at, and made some ill advised decisions. Yet he also could get the ball downfield to recievers for positive results. But, when offenses give up points instead of making them, changes usually occur. I suspect when JJ began to start, his overwhelming concern, from coaching, was not to lose the game. My friends, this is not offensive, which is what an offense should be. I suspect this is the way JL has been coached since also. Imagine having an offense, who attacks a defense the way our defense attacks the opponents offense. I can't imagine why any kid with allegiance to our state, or one without any to theirs, would not wish to come here to play ball!
    Everyone knows the situation we are in at this point of an immature season. Yet do not give up hope on how this ends. Hollywood could not script a storyline with more drama than what we are surrounded with today! Folks, we have a couple of kids, that may well be proven down the line, to be completely innocent of all that has been thrown at them. JL for having too much expected of him before he was prepared, and JJ for either doing nothing wrong, or doing something inappropriate for having so much expected of him for so long. Please understand who I am. When the Saints win, I am happy, yet they have no place in my heart near where LSU resides. With JL behind center, our offense is a little bit different, yet I suspect no less powerful. Truth be told, most young men put in his position several years ago, would have left our lovely instutution, for kinder circumstances. Yet, Hollywood may have missed one of their better stories. No impure thoughts, my friends!

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

wow

you need to have a couple of beers and start all over

I don't know what to say to all that

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

because lee has a history of pick sixes. because lee has less pt. because jj has the option of running with the ball. because jj looked good in his last game. because now there is a green backup.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Let it go, or we will bring up your history.

1 person likes this.
  5. COLD SMOKE

COLD SMOKE Founding Member

Didn't say I preferred this to the situation two weeks ago. Yet here we are, and I am not frightened about the change. I dislike the fact that our next qb (Mett) has not had the time to learn the system, nor do I like the way this decision came about. I applaude JJ for taking all the criticism he has for the last few years, and still performed for us. Yet, I can not equally help but feel the same for JL. His most memorable history was in his first year as a starter. His most recent history was coming out in relief to help this team to an 11-2 season, when most had us winning about 8. Understand folks, this is where we are, and it's not that bad! Perhaps still the most talented team in CFB. Please, make LSU who you love, not who you worry about! NO IMPURE THOUGHTS!

6. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

It's not like we just lost Tommy Hodson and replacing him with Sol Graves. Just not that much drop off.

And Lee was a freshman, with a not too good OL, and a woeful defense, not exactly a good situationn.

He's a better QB now, and the players around him, especially the OL are better. So I'm optimistic.

"I would hope you support us for who we are, not who we are not" Norman Dale, Hoosiers

Time for all Tigers to get behind this team.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

General lee will do fine. We finally will play a pro style offense instead of that read option shizt that I hate. I wanted lee to take over the starting roll last year after Tennessee. I didn't want lee to get the job because of legal troubles. I in no way wanted lee to get the starting job like this but I do not fear him starting. If jl would have beaten jj out during fall camp I would have been happy for him. Jl will come out and throw the damn ball. Remember the 4th down pass to seal the deal aginst Alabama? What about the winning fade to tt to win the Florida game?
    I must say jj looked like a champ in the cotton bowl. I hate to see him in trouble or any of the tigers in trouble. If he is cleared I expect to see him splitting time with jl again. Jj will have to earn the starting roll again. If he comes back and outplays jl then he should get the starting spot back and I will be happy about it. If jj wins his spot back that means lsu will be better for it.
    I fully support lee and know he will do a great job. Hell, you can't hardly pass any worse than jj did in many games last year. We will win. We will win because jl will pick apart the ducks when they stack the box. When they play aginst the pass, we will run over them. We will win. Jarrett Lee will LEAD the way. Watch and see.

1 person likes this.
  8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the title of the thread is "Why are most concerned about the QB change"

it is not "Why are you not concerned about the QB change"

i think its a crapshoot as to which QB would perform better.

and i think jj is getting a raw deal.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Things could be worse for sure. Our talent level at QB between JJ and JL isn't much difference in my eyes. Either could take us all the way, or auger the season into the ground.

I do feel bad for JJ at this point though. The whole situation is very unfortunate. At this point, nobody really knows what happened other than the thousands that claim they were there on either side. Just like there were 20 million people at Woodstock if you ask them.

Until it all comes out, it's the hand we're dealt and it's what we have to go with.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I guess it's because we were told over and over that jj was better than jl in practice. Now that jj is gone deductive reasoning says that we have the lesser qb on the field now.
    The only reason that jj can be said that he's better is because he does produce some good runs. He has turned busted plays into first downs many times. The problem is he isn't a very good passer.
    As for me, a fan or pro style offenses, I am glad to see the option gone.
    For those that enjoy read option football, they will be disapointed.