Why are texas fans so cocky they haven't

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerSnipen, Dec 26, 2002.

1. TigerSnipen

TigerSnipen Freshman

done anything besides win recruiting every year then flop on
    the field. They say they are so much better.. well newsflash
    we have won a BCS bowl something they haven't. We hve
    won our conference under our current coach .. something
    they haven't. This is our second straight newyears day bowl
    game something they haven't done.. they went to the mighty
    Holiday bowl last year.. they should be excited about moving
    up a tier in bowls.. oh wait they should be playing for the
    MNC with all that talent except they choke in every big game
    they play and mack "mr february" brown will find a way for
    them to choke again. I am just stating facts instead of
    meaningless crap that the texas fans are saying. I think they
    are jealous of us for actually winning a BCS bowl and a
    conference championship... but i digress i'm sure the texas
    fans aren't in the realm of reality but living in their deliusional
    world that texas is the best state..blahblahblah...

2. ReyDelSol

ReyDelSol Freshman

Great post. Very well thought out. :rolleyes:

HINT: The ENTER key will return your cursor to the beginning of the next line. Using this key will help you generate paragraphs. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, the 'Mack Brown can't coach' thing is a little stupid.

- He built UNC from nothing to a top ten program.
    - He took a 4-7 Texas program and has turned it into a top ten program.
    - He has won nine games or more for 7 years in a row. Here's a list of active coaches that have done the same or better:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

To say that all he can do is recruit is simply not true and displays a generous portion of ignorance on your part.

3. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Founding Member

I can sum up in 2 letters the reason that UT has not won thier conference championship or been to a BCS bowl in the Mack Brown era...

OU

Also, TigerSnipen,
    Our past performances, although great, are no indication of our future performances...they just make it easier for the Vegas Books to establish odds.
    (For a current example of above, see Nebraska:
    in I-Bowl this year, Playing for National Championship last year).

I do agree with you however, the fans from "The University" are the most annoying. (Except for Auburn fans [the one's I've met], they SUCK!!)

Oh, ReydelSol,
    A quick question for you,
    Will the "Horn Nation" stay around for the entire game, our will they bail-out like usual if UT goes down by 10-14 points (our up by 10-14, that happens frequently also I understand).

GEAUX TIGERS!!

4. ReyDelSol

ReyDelSol Freshman

GT:

REGARDING ANNOYING FANS:
    I believe that going to an opposing team's message board and calling people: "pillow biters", "jerks", "ne'er do wells", "little bitches", and "curtain stains" is no way to earn respect.

I vewy sorry if dem mean 'ol hornfans hurt your wittle feewings. Now be a big girl and dry your tears.

REGARDING THE UT FANS:
    On game day I think you will be less worried about where the UT fans are and more concerned about why you paid so much money and drove your jalopy so far (or will you be arriving in a mule cart?) to watch your team lose. :D

5. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Founding Member

Hey Rey,

Who said I was trying to earn the respect of a bunch of redneck country boys from Tejas (at least we bought our state and didn't steal it from the Mexicans). "Texas, where the men are men and the cattle are SCARED!!!"

But seriously:

I'm not going to yank anyone’s chain, I'm damn excited to be playing UT in the Cotton Bowl, so much so I'm jizzin' all over myself. To actually have the opportunity, nay, the Privilege, to be on the same field as "The University"... (OOOOHHHH!!! AAAHHHHH!!!...just came again, sorry).

If the rest of you LSU, SEC surfs only realized what this actually means to the prestige and glory of the LSU program...hell, these people have won National Championships before and have won 10, count'em, 10 games this year...another amazing feat...
    If we had any smarts at all, we would simply roll our helmets onto the field and concede the win...we're not worthy...and the sooner (sorry for the use of the cuss word, sooner, Rey) we realize that the sooner (damn, did it again...) we can get back to being the proper surfs of Massa Longhorn and quit upsetting the fiefdom.

6. TigerSnipen

TigerSnipen Freshman

Wow your rip on me was great

I'm sorry that i didn't use the enter key, i just copied and pasted it from another board. Sorry that it wasn't formated the way you like it and i appoligize greatly. I'm sorry that you haven't ever been to a bcs bowl and all that built up animosity towards LSU is showing.

I know that past performances do not forcast the future, i am just pointing out that we have accomplished more than texas has in the recent years. 10 win seasons are great but we had one last year as well as texas but we also managed a conference championship and a bcs bowl as well.

Mack brown maybe a good coach but with all the talent that texas gets year in and year out it is really dissapointing. I have some close friends that go to UT and I am basically just repeating what they have told me about mack not being a good coach and not winning the big games. Don't take it personally i am just the messanger on that from fans of UT.

How is this for the enter key? I have tried to learn how to type but you know how backwoods Louisiana is according to you we shouldn't even have computers.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Texas should be a little cocky with thier record this year. But, I do believe LSU could kick thier ass. It would be a great way to start the new year.

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Texas

If the alamo had a back door there would be no Texas anyway...

9. msully

msully Founding Member

I think it maybe that the mighty Tigers lost 3 of the last 5 games two of the three were blowouts do you remember Bama and the Aub games that , well even the KY game a lucky last second toss and run and catch , if LSU were playing a team like that would you think that team could beat the Mighty Tigers? Now the Tigers better find an offense or we as Tiger fans are gonna think that the Bama and Aub games were close that is a fact . GEAUX TIGERS!!!! Talk about winning the big games wow , it don't get no bigger than the SEC look at the Ark game

10. Longhorn24

Longhorn24 Freshman

Diehardlsu are you ignorant or just stupid?

If you are just ignorant you can be taught but if stupid you will die that way.

Your comment is way out of line.

If you want to make fun of modern day Texas fans or modern day Texas have at it. But to disparage the 182 brave fighting men who died at the Alamo is beyond poor taste. Do you also make fun of those that died September 11, Dr. King and the brave men who died for freedom when this great country was born?

Your comment "If the alamo had a back door there would be no Texas anyway..." is disgusting to say the least.

The men of the Alamo had ample opportunity to leave by the front door. Of the 182 men who died there were 4 from the great State of Louisianna, possibly more as some had no known state or country of origin. Your comments sully their contribution to history. The majority of men defending the Alamo were volunteers. They represented at least 8 countries and 22 of the existing states of the time. They came from New England states and Southern States. And they all were given a last opportunity by Colonel Travis and Santa Ana to leave the Alamo. All but one crossed the line to stand with Colonel Travis knowing that no quarter would be given. They would die in that place.

They needed no back door.:mad:

Their deaths led to Texas winning its Independence from Mexico at San Jacinto, Texas.

You and your ilk have questioned why Texans are so arrogant. Maybe it has to do with our history. Our state won its Independence from Mexico thanks mainly to predominantly volunteers who died at a small mission in San Antonio, Texas. We thrived as a country before being invited to join the Union of States known as the United States.

So yes, their is a lot of State pride on this side of the river.

So when you choose to attack Texas make sure you attack modern day Texas and Texans. Leave the heroes, some from your own state, out of it.

Hopefully, it was ignorance that made you post your comment and you are now cured. If not then it is sad indeed when people die stupid.

BTW, if this was an attempt at humor, it is more disturbing still.

I am happy to know the majority of posters on this board are more civil and obviously more intelligent. I appreciate good football and good discussion as much as anyone. I cannot fathom why someone would try to ruin all that with moronic posts.:confused:

Longhorn 24