Why didn't tigerband play "Neck"?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Nov 21, 2010.

1. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

It was really rare and weird that Tiger band didn't play "Neck" during the while Ole Miss game. Does anybody know the reason? Hopefully it has nothing to do with the "suck the tiger's penis" chant that someone used to lead every game. Otherwise, "Neck" would be another victim of our aggressive chant that disappears from now on from the band's list like "You Suck" did. :cry:

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's exactly why they didn't play it.

3. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

How sad.... I love that song soooo much....Any idea how we can get it back?

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree it's sad, but I doubt they ever play it again.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I'm guessing the reason that you "love that song soooo much" is because you like chiming in on that witty and clever chant that shows the world that you are a legal adult and can now say curse words in public (when your parents, whose hard earned money pays your way in society, are not looking).

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes, the students have killed "Neck", just like they killed "Tiger Rag". Teenagers finally got away from mommy and can talk dirty. Ain't college great?

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yes. The chant was vlugar. It should not have been said, but to all you old folks complaining about what those students are chanting.... Can you please remind me "what comes out of a chinaman's ass?"

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Actually, that was one of my favorite songs too. But not because I'm an idiot kid who thinks it's cool to insert curse-word chants into every song the band plays... It's because I'm an old fart that remembers when Cameo made it, and I liked the song then too..

10. roynav

roynav free your mind

Don't know if it happened or not, but seems like this would have been a good topic for the Reveille to pick up and try to educate the little chits about why its not a good idea to sing about naughty bits at football games. Mommy and Daddy must not have done it, so someone else should help them see the light.

Was the "Neck" incident even discussed in local media or at LSU, or is TFs the only place its been kicked around?