Why didn't tigerband play "Neck"?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Nov 21, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes, we all got wild in college, but we didn't make asses of ourselves publicly and disrespected the Tiger Band.

I expect the "kids" to grow up and police themselves. If there are students who respect Tiger Band and LSU traditions they should stand up and be counted and start putting pressure on those who abuse the band. The Reveille should take a stand, The SGA, everybody.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I remember that. They had little stickers stuck everywhere and everything. Tried it before the game and everyone followed thru with "Tigers". As soon as the 1st TD was scored they went back to "you suck". Slap in the face.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Except that "you suck" is a shortened version of a longer, more vulgar phrase (you suck - what?). Kind of like saying that it would be ok to hear 20,000 students yelling "F-U Saban" on national tv because they aren't really saying the "f-word".

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Tribute to Les Miles (pre-game as the crowd fills in the stadium before the players entrance onto the field)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJFW8FDGDlE]YouTube - Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass (2010 FIFA World Cup[/ame]

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Love Hugh Masakela!

6. stevescookin

Here's a Baton Rouge school that does it right...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSZbRqU5Xas&feature=related]YouTube - Southern University 2005 "Neck"[/ame]

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If by does it right you mean, "plays really loud and not very well," then yes. They are awesome.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Amen to that. I like me some Southern Band for the showmanship, but for true musicianship, give me the GBFTL any day!

(sorry, not an attempt to derail the thread)

9. stevescookin

Totally agree with both of you. GBFTL rules !!

By doing it right, I meant that they probably aren't profaning the song...they're probably singing the clean lyrics that they probably know by heart.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTXwJP5knww]YouTube - Dem Franchise Boyz - Talkin Out The Side of Ya Neck (Clean)[/ame]

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Maybe because there were too many of us "rednecks" in attendence and they were afraid that we might take it as a "tribute" to the Ole Miss fans.:lol: