Why do LSU fans always get the bad rap

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Apr 6, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

we have all read the threads and heard the stupid stories from Auburn fans about us raping their elderly, abducting the children, stealing their cattle and all that other mess all these other fan groups accuse us of.

I am just curious, how come there were NO reports of LSU fans destroying and causing riots when we won the national title ??? If we are so horrible, I never recall an article in the paper or on espn about US burning cars etc etc like UCONN last night (Or Michigan, or Miami)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4672499/

Sure we have our bad fans, when an entire state follows the program that will happen. But I am getting sick of LSU fans getting the grief when schools have considerably more problem fans then we do.

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

The best way to deflect criticism of yourself is to talk bad about others. If you talk bad about others long enough, then people won't be so quick to recognize your ugliness. And part of it is jealousy. Despite what other programs may claim, LSU has the best fan following of any school in the country, including ND.

Wanna know what makes LSU so special? Just read the article in SI by John Ed Bradley about when his playing days were over. Not only do the players feel that way, but so do the fans. The coaches and players make the fans PART of the team, as evidenced by Nick's comments this past season. No other school does that.

:helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs:

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Great thought MiketheTiger...

Makes sense, I am just tired of the stories and crap you hear about us, yet you read more about other schools in the papers then you do LSU if you read anything. (See UGA) I never recall any article about post game activity after we won our title. Sure Bourbon had its usual few issues, but that happens every night on Bourbon. But in Baton Rouge it was peaceful and fun. Other schools win and every time you hear about cars being burned etc etc.

People need to state facts about us as an entire fan base. As a fan base as a whole you probably wont find a better group of fans in the nation. We are passionate no question, we love our state and school.

Just tired of it.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Everyone of these post is correct. God knows we do have our share of idiots and when you have as many fans as we do that means we have more than most other schools just due to the numbers. We have the best and most accomodating fans in the world, willing to share drink and food with everyone. Most of the people who talk bad about LSU fans have just heard the Auburn pu$$ies complaining on the net and it has began a life of it's own traveling from beaten opponent to beaten opponent. One time I've experienced a bad day at Tiger Stadium with a MOO U fan, runnig into a few bad apples but all of the other times my guest loved the enitre experinece. The thing that cracks me up are the ones that complain about "Tiger Bait".

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Destructive, NO; Obnoxious, maybe a little :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

You get taunted at away games. If you can't handle that, stay home and watch it on TV. Most AU fans can't handle that, so they add a little drama to their stories to make them awful. I will readily admit I am going to taunt some opposing fans at Tiger stadium, not violent, or obscene, but they WILL know they are not at home. Why not, we catch hell at all road games to some degree, that's part of the fun.
    This past season, Auburn fans were on our opposing teams boards each week warning their fans about playing LSU. Your right Cajdav, AU fans are P**SSIES . So if you are reading AU fans, and I know you are, dheadtiger will be taunting your azz when you come to BR and I fully expect the same when I go there as it always is. Once again, if you can't handle it, stay your weak azz home. :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin:

7. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I've never had any bad experiences with LSU fans. Your fans that come to Auburn are always, in my experience, fun and good natured. I haven't had the pleasure of a trip to Baton Rouge for a game, but I'm certainly not staying away because of some stories..and we all know the stories, they are repeated ad nauseum.
    So while you are right, it is unfair to your entire fanbase to generalize you all as obnoxious, I would also argue that it is unfair to the Auburn fanbase to generalize us all as p*ssies. But this is your board, so carry on as you see fit.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's obvious to anybody that takes a complete look at the situation that 95% of this "LSU fans are classless, rude, violent, etc." come from one place -- Auburn. And mostly it is a resut of the 2001 game where there were many incidents, some indefensible, but all incited by the unsportsmanlike provocations of the Tiger Stadium crowd by the Auburn team and coaches. There were no problems at the 2003 game where both sides behaved themselves. But it is now Auburn folklore and people who weren't even there can quote you a long list of LSU atrocities that never happened or are exxaggerated all out of proportion.

Oh, we get a few complaints from weenies at Ole Miss or South Carolina who think that the"Tiger Bait" taunt is threatening somehow. But all of the real invective is coming from our friends at Auburn. Of course there are many at Auburn who do not share this view, enjoy LSU visits, and are fun to be around, so let us not paint them all with the same brush.

There are plenty of differing opinions. I usually send people to this site:

Tiger Stadium Quotes

9. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

That's all I was saying. :wink:

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Q: Why do LSU fans get a bad rap ?

A: Because its lonely at the top, that's why !