Why do LSU fans always get the bad rap

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Apr 6, 2004.

1. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Ok, This is probably going to draw a lot of heat, but I think it needs to be said. The rumors and accusations (true or not) have been around longer than the NC you guys won in January.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

you're right wesfau, but most of the bad stories come from when their team got spanked, it doesn't bother most fans if they just won. And you're right, most Auburn fans are not pu$$ies however I've seen so many threads on some of your boards it seems that way sometimes.

3. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I, too, get very tired of hearing those same stories over and over. Gosh, to hear some people tell it, it's a wonder someone hasn't called in Wyatt Earp to clean up that lawless town you guys live in. :grin:

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

:D :D :D :D :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

LSU has always been on top, the rest of you people have just failed to realize it ! We decided last year to show our true colors and win it all, might do it this year too, but then again we might wait another year.

6. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Excellent take on the situation. My apologies for not recognizing your greatness until this year. :grin:

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I should have qualified that and I do apologize.

i have partied with and met MANY great Auburn fans... So I was guilty of what I was just bitching about. It just seems everytime I go to an Auburn board there is some thread ripping on Louisiana and our fans.

Sorry about that.

8. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

This is a snapshot of some of our fans from the Auburn game last season. No wonder they are terrified of coming here!

[​IMG]

9. Speagle23

Speagle23 Founding Member

:dis: I think the fans that get the worse rep would have to be the WVU fans. There fans are just outradious.

10. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

What makes me so sick of the stories, is that the people who usually get in trouble in Baton Rouge are the idiots that don't realize a fan doesn't act up at an away game like he does at home. Any fight I've ever seen on gameday either inside or outside the stadium is two sets of fans taking it too far. I'm not saying it's ok for an LSU fan to take things too far, but if you're in Baton Rouge and you're a visitor, you DO NOT act and talk like you are at home, b/c you're not. I suggest the same for LSU fans on the road.

Examples of boneheaded visiting fans:

- sitting in my section (North Section 12) and yelling and screaming on every first down made. Florida fans love to do this.

- riding all around the LSU campus yelling "WAR EAGLE" all day Friday at students and Saturday morning at LSU tailgaters in a big Auburn-decorated car with a tiger tail the size of the freaking car. By the way, that was the car that was burned in 2001. You act like an ass for a day and a half, don't cry when some drunk fan does something unreasonable to retaliate. I guarantee you the people that set the car on fire was aware of the losers riding around campus all day, I can almost promise you.

When you go to somebody's house (not your parents or close friends) do you just start yelling whatever you feel like and acting like an ass? I doubt it. So why do visiting fans do this and then cry about the consequences of doing so?