Why do people say FL dominated for 3 Qtrs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 86tiger, Oct 8, 2007.

1. 86tiger

86tiger Founding Member

They dominated (if you want to call it that) the first quarter 10-0. The second quarter was 7-7, the third qtr was 7-7 and the forth 14-0. We made mistakes in the first quarter and first half. They capitalized, but not like the should have to DOMINATE. Their lines never blew our lines out. We wore them out in the end. Listen to their coach. LSU capitalized in the fourth when they were worn out and made mistakes. Florida played great and I take my hat off to them, but they never abused anyone. In fact, they were on the receiving end of the biggest hits. Our line got to Tebow a lot. Some sacks, some hits, sometimes he escaped and make plays with his feet or legs. The guy is good and Florida is good. This game had swings, but the only domination was LSU on the last drive when everyone knew what we were going to do and they just had to take it. I could not be more proud of our young men as I am sure all true LSU fans are. :geauxtige

Side rant: I am sure everyone in the SEC thinks Tebow is a pr***, except for UofF fans, but that is because he is good and he is a fierce competitor. Did you see those tears after the game? That tells me they put everything they had into it.

1 person likes this.
  2. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Well said, my friend. :lsup:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Tells me the guy is a winner and if you're a winner, it hurts to lose. Different people express emotions differently.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

That's just the way the media puts spin on it... But where they say "dominated", I replace it with "Couldn't put LSU away" and it looks alot better then... especially considering the outcome.

Besides, is that not what the #1 team does? Win no matter what adversity you face... As worried as I was during the game, it made it all the more sweeter when I looked around that stadium and took a deep breath at the end. I'll cherish that memory forever.

5. Geaux4Tigers

Geaux4Tigers Founding Member

Tebow is unreal but dominate is not quite how I would describe it. The offense caused our defense to make mistakes. You have to have a break and the offense was no giving them that.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It took everything we had to pull out this win. That isn't to say that we aren't capable of playing better (see Va Tech). Our offense isn't as dynamic as it was to start the season because of injuries. So it took everything we had (playing at less than 100%) to pull out the win. Florida's offense rolled almost all night and looked much more complete than ours. But we were more physical down the stretch and took advantage of Florida's mistakes. I'm hoping we'll be able to work out some kinks in the passing game this weekend, but UK ain't nothin' to sneeze at.

7. 86tiger

86tiger Founding Member

I know I don't have the score by qtr exactly right, but the first FL TD came as a result of a 1st qtr drive.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nope, end of first quarter, Florida 3 LSU 0. You did get the 4th quarter correct though. :)

9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Who is saying that Florida dominated for 3 Q? Link?

10. 86tiger

86tiger Founding Member

No link. It has been mentioned in several different threads. It just started to bother me.