Why do people say FL dominated for 3 Qtrs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 86tiger, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Geaux4Tigers

Geaux4Tigers Founding Member

Plain and simple guys. We just witnessed a National Championship game. I will bet you that LSU and Florida are the top teams in the nation. I told every one this was the game of a life time.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Alright, everyone has got to watch the game several times:hihi:

Things often look differently upon review than the perception during and just after the game. To me it was a back and forth battle with Florida coming right back after we scored and narrowed their lead. If they were that dominant, LSU wouldn't have even scored.

3. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I think they did, for at least the first half. We couldn't stop Tebow, he's the real thing. We really don't want to see them again in the SECCG.

4. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Okay, Florida scored twice at the beginning, it was back and forth until the 4th quarter where LSU scored twice. We won because we scored 4 touchdowns. Florida lost because they scored 3 touchdowns and 1 FG.

To me it was a close game. Florida tried to get that additional score but never could. Again, on paper 4 TD's and they got 3. Our defense, offense and coaches won the game. :geauxtige

5. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Saying they dominated is crazy. Now if they say Florida played a little better the first quarter or half then I would maybe agree to that.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If we had hit the field goals it would have been a ten point victory. If the receivers had held on to the ball no telling how it would have ended.

7. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

It was just the rope-a-dope. We had it from "go"!

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I get so confused... didn't a two-loss Auburn beat Florida at home? If South Carolina wins out, was that then the national championship game? If South Carolina beats Florida, is Florida then the 3rd best team in America?

This is all so confusing... probably just me.

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Well, you might be half-correct ...... JMO, but I wasn't all that impressed with UF. It's a stretch to even say they are a top 10 team right now, especially given their erratic play and questionable coaching. I don't even think that LSU gave them their best game, because IMO LSU is clearly a stronger offense with Doucet in the package.

UF is soft up-front, .... although I think they played LSU very tough for the first two quarters. But once Miles got away from utilizing Holliday and gave the UF defense a mouthful of Hester, the Gators lack of depth along the D-front was exposed.

It was an entertaining game to watch, but an MNC game? ..... hardly.