Why do we keep losing recruits???

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by lsutygrfan3710, Jan 19, 2010.

1. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Re: Why do we keep loosing recruits???

A lot of people going crazy right now and blaming everything from the coaches to the negative fans on the forums. With Florida and Alabama continually raking in the talent, anyone who decommits from LSU is salt to an open wound. I don't know why they are leaving, and I bet it is not one single thing, but multiple. It maybe coaching, the offense or lack thereof, or maybe they're not as hyped about the 2011 class as we are.
    Here's to hoping the best for LSU, the coaching staff and the players on a great class and even better season:geauxtige

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I know everyone wants to generalize the issues into one but that is not the case when it comes out-of-state prospects Hunter and Marsh and even Davis.

Hunter has been through some hell for his commitment to LSU for a long time now. Not from friends but his own HS coach who is a Vols supporter and his family wants him close to home and don't see a need for him to go that far to accomplish his goals.

Similar to Marsh who is getting pressure from his parents to stay close to home.

Davis was just waiting for his dream offer and it came. If it was about playing time and competition he would be somewhere else but that goes out the window when his team offers.

LSU could have less decommits if we settled on recruiting guys from in-state and our hot spots but I would not be happy to settle for less. You are going to miss but you can strike it rich like with Sam Montgomery, Ware, Shep, etc, etc....

LSU will fill their needs with 2 or 3 out of Wright, Fobbs, Reed, and Boone. That would be a great WR class no matter how you sliced it. If Marsh decommits we will land another DT and watch out for Brandon Jackson out of Shreveport.

Other programs will say what they will to try to sway commits but LSU will just show them the proff that we played more True Freshman this year than most of the SEC, etc... but that was no the reason for these decommits or potential decommits.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Making GC the escape goat is rediculous.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

These are very good points.

It is hard to expect that all out of state commits will all commit.

Like you said, family, friends, coaches and so much more play a role into a young players mind.

5. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

maybe they are lined up to play for the 112th ranked offense in the NCAA, if I was a high profiled recruit the first thing I would be looking at is "How can I be noticed by NFL scouts if the team I play for has no run offense and barely a passing game". hmmmmmmm:huh: :insane:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:D:D:dis::dis:

7. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

"Losing"
    Sorry, someone had to do it.

8. Purple Tiger1

Purple Tiger1 Founding Member

Crowton knew what he was doing in '07.I feel that 2 yrs of inexperienced QB play hurt the LSU offense more than Crowton.JJ cant read defenses,progression,and has very little pocket awareness. He doesn't throw very accurately either. If he improves next yr,the offense will be better.
    The OL was nothing to write home about either.
    Davis always preferred Texas,but they did not offer him on Junior day.
    Proximity to home is a big factor in Hunter's decision. Why don't we wait until NSD before we panic?

If you want to criticize the coaches be specific with your reason for such. Tiger Rant is a haven for those who want tocall the coaches clueless,dumb,etc without giving specific reasons. Why is Crowton cluless? Who here attends practice or coaches football?
    How did Carroll and Stoops do with first yr QBs?

9. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

We are going to loose some and we are going to get some. Happens every year to every school. The sky is not falling. I know most here think I'm a kool-aid drinker but then again, I'm not Chicken Little.
    This is LSU. We are a 3 time national champion in football. We are and will continue to be a top tier program. Yes, we'll have down years, but we'll also have up years. But you are fooling yourself if you think the loss of one or two recruits is going to break a team. You are also fooling yourself if you think one person (Crowton) is to blame for a young 17 year old changing his mind about something.

:eek:ldskule:

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Exactly, and the only reason most take it as such a negative is they hear about everyone that decommits from us and not from all the other programs. If you followed the recruiting trail like some of the guys you'ld know LSU fairs better than most at keeping commits solid.