Why do we keep losing recruits???

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by lsutygrfan3710, Jan 19, 2010.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Re: Why do we keep loosing recruits???

I do think bhelm is right about Hunter and Davis having pressure to stay in state. But you bring up a good point that could affect recruits decisions.

2. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

UCLA boards are claiming Marsh is all but done..

So...I think we can go ahead and prepare ourselves for this departure as well...

Hopefully this is the end of the bad news...and we start getting commitments this weekend..

It feels like we are losing our momentum as a program.

Is Daddy taking care of business?

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think SabanFan already had.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think Marsh sticks with LSU. Parents always want their kids close to home at some point you have to let go. If he wants to be at LSU then he will be here.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I never get overly excited over out of state recruits who commit very early in the process. Its not like this doesnt happen very often, LSU will lose 1-3 recruits every year. So thats to be expected. The thing is though this year it hurts more because its some of our more prized recruits. Ususually its more middle of the road guys leaving this late. Another thing is that LSU hasnt played well the last two years, so that causes paranoia.

All that said, I do think it definitely doesnt help that kids see the recent play of the team. LSU hasnt shown much improvement at all the last two years. When there is an improvement in one area, another area will suffer. Also kids see how inept the offense is. LSU has seriously regressed now at the end of two straight seasons. Add to that how Shepard was used. Hunter is the one I really dont like losing. He has serious potential, then again, potential is the key word.

6. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

According to Dandy Don it's because all of the negative talk surrounding Crowton on message boards like TF. So, I and everyone else who's been critical of Crowton & Miles is responsible for the loss of commits. The 112th ranked offense in the country, dead last in the SEC, losing nationally televised games in debacle fashion, a terrible showing in a bowl game and losing nine games in last two seasons had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with recruits decommitting. It's mine and your fault because Hunter & Davis read our posts and simply couldn't take it anymore so they decommitted.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I think the kids can figure out pretty clearly what is going on by watching about 2-3 games this year. You know Don these kids are smarter than you think. Maybe they actually turned on the TV and saw the offense in action or more like non-action or maybe because they had other reasons.

He is a delusional fan with his head buried in the sand. Les decided to keep the guy and now you have to live with it.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.:hihi:

I can promise you it is not because of message boards in the cases of Marsh, Hunter, or Reed.

I like DandyDon but you have to take much of his recruiting talk and other bits of information with a grain of salt.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

Quote from Hunter allegedly, Helm can shed more light on this than me of course.
    This is bs to me, because UT's track program isnt on the same level with LSU's imo.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Whats going on with Marsh?