Why do we keep losing recruits???

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by lsutygrfan3710, Jan 19, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Re: Why do we keep loosing recruits???

Same thing as Hunter but still going through the decision process and LSU is still talking with him. Family wants him close to home and he may cave. Only difference is he does not have a HS coach pushing UCLA on him.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Seems to me that he really wants to come to LSU.

3. bhelmLSU

There are rumors that he is not satisfied with the LSU track coach and I am sure it played into his decision but other pressures are greater.

He is a special track athlete and he could be someone who focuses more on track in the future because he can fly and potentially qualify for the Olympics. Individual coaches are a huge concern in track because it is more of an individual sport than a team one. The right coaching can get you to the Olympics or an individual National Championship at your speciality without the need for a Team Championship.

4. bhelmLSU

I feel the same and I hope his family can come to an agreement with him leaving home.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

bbhelm - to answer your question - very sarcastic. I like DD too, he's a great LSU fan and offers a good service. But like you I take what he posts with a grain of salt. However, when he posted his statement blaming the negativity on message boards for LSU losing Hunter, I had to call that out because it's just ridiculous crazy talk. :insane:

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Probably not with Hunter, but I believe it effects some recruits, these are 17 year old kids and we get emotional here being adults who dont play.

7. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

Personally, I still think LSU has that shine to make recruits, once given a scholarship opportunity, eyes light up. We are still talked about as one of the best teams of the decade, one of two teams with 2 BCS championships, and a great fanbase to boot.

I couldn't imagine our hardships the past two years to factor that heavily when a recruit takes a step into Death Valley on a Saturday night. No other school has the fire or intensity that LSU has or can offer.

But that is just my opinion.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Heh... at 17 years old, I'd dare say some of those kids are more mature than many of the posters on these boards that are twice their age... :lol:

On a lighter note, this type of thing is common. Every year at this time, we drop some recruits and we pick up some unexpected ones. We'll be fine.

9. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I agree. Don is like everyone of us. He loves LSU and gets emotional about the Tigers. Some of us see the glass half full most of the time, some of us see it half empty most of the time. A lot depends on the individual. I grew up with folks who live and die with LSU football. Many of them were always sort of negative (i.e. "we had a good year, but what have we got left next year - we're in trouble). Some were always sort of positive (i.e. "well had a bad season, but next year is really going to turn it around") - and believe me, during the Hallman years that position was always a struggel - even for old Kool-aid drinkers like me.

As for the internet and forums like TF, I would think the influence on recruits would be pretty minimal if any at all. I just think young 17 year olds have a more exciting life and have more to do than set around all day and read this stuff like us old farts.

:eek:ldskule:

10. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Depends on the teenager, how many teenagers do you know that doesn't text 200 times a day or have their own facebook page, etc. Point being teenagers today spend their time on the xbox and the internet. And even if the kid doesn't read the boards, parents and family do.
    When DD's top 50 come out, talked to a kid ranked in it and he already knew about it, so yea I think it is very possible that boards can be influential.