Why do we keep losing recruits???

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by lsutygrfan3710, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Re: Why do we keep loosing recruits???

I doubt is is that easy.

:eek:ldskule:

2. mamoutigah

mamoutigah Freshman

Based on the way Crowton sparingly used RS this season, Im inclined to think it could be a red flag to some of these recruits. The staff burned the redshirt and then proceeded to use him for maybe 30 plays this season....
    Or the Ole Miss incident which occured on a major TV network.....
    Or a just horrid playcalling abilities....
    Is it possible that these kids are seeing a capable team in incapable hands (crowton) and turning away.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Tennessee is losing recurits. They haven't pick up one from LSU yet.:rolleye33:

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As has been pointed out, Miles has played more frosh than any other SEC program. This being the case, I'm gonna go ahead and say it, there has to be something to RS that none of us know about for him to not be seeing the field. With the talent potential that he has, there has to be some reason that none of us are aware of. Miles does play frosh players as, again has been pointed out.

5. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

My guess was Les saw him get picked up like someone's little brother and get slammed on the back of his neck and thought Shep needs to hit the weight room before he gets back out here. I'm assuming he is going to get the ball a lot this year. I did think we misused him this year, but I'm going to try and take the high road and hope Les knows something we don't.

I still think we can win the NC in 2011. JJ a senior, Shep and Randle juniors. and back to the Sugar Bowl.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

For the record I thought Shep should have gotten more playing time but I understand why he did not get as many opportunities as we hoped. On more than one occasion shep would get subbed in and the staff had to call a timeout because he was a little lost or we would have a false start because of the snap count, fumble, etc...

When we had control of the game he was in but we were not afforded many of those type of games this year.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is so true.

Look at Auburn, OU, hell even ND. they are all still getting GOOD recruits EVEN AFTER CRAP seasons..

8. lftcsttgr

lftcsttgr Freshman

I think if Miles thought that RS gave the team a greater chance to win he would use him. Maybe he has the best interest of RS in mind and wants to give him a better chance of success later in his career (maybe he wasn't ready this year). Regardless of the reason, Miles is fighting for his job and I don't think he would risk losing his job by not playing the best available players.
    But this is not a RS thread. I think our unproductive offense can be sold to recruits as "you'll have a better chance at starting/playing because we need to upgrade our talent level - we need you!"
    It's just how you spin things. You can put on the talent level not the coaching - not saying is right.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

STOP BEING RATIONAL!

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Wow, people agreed with me instead of jumping all over Miles for not playing himk, for a change. I think maybe deep down most of us believed Miles knew what he was doing in regards to RS. I agree with what has been said, we will see a lot more of him this next season.