Why does being a cop....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I tend to think that most cops have good intentions. That said, because of social media the shit bags are the ones who get highlighted the most. Maybe it's just me but there seems to have been a lot of cops shooting harmless dogs lately. I do think that there are a certain percentage who are just cowardly little douchebags who hide behind a badge and thrive off of their "power."

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So, I've met 2 cool cops out of 22 in my lifetime, and 1 was my best friend so, yeah....

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A lot of what @red55 said is spot on, well, all of it actually. Some of you act as if we should just do away with them all together! Yeah, how great the world would be then right? I'm not excusing this guy, but for just a second, put yourself in the shoes of someone that makes a traffic stop and has to walk up to the car window never knowing if a shotgun barrel will be sticking out of it when he gets there. Some crazy ass broad calls the police cause her old man is beating her ass and when they cuff his sorry ass she pulls a gun on the fuzz.

It is a shitty life folks. Lots of ex military take up law enforcement when they are done playing GI Joe, fuck that. I wanted no part of it. I have too much respect for them and what they do. Every single one of you mofo's that are pitching a fit will dial 911 at the speed of light the first time shit goes bad for you (God forbid I hope you never have to)

Sad

GregLSU likes this.
  4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

that doesnt mean they dont fuck up intentionally, overreact because of power trips and engage in criminal behavior at the expense of innocent people.
    Yea majority are good, but way too many examples of over reaction by many as well.

LSUpride123, Winston1 and Tiger in NC like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Never said there were not any bad apples. Every organization of any type has them.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Umm who has said anything remotely like that? You are reaching and you know it.

You are way off the mark. No one is saying they can't make mistakes. I am saying that when they do, they are not held accountable.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I never said get rid of them, if we got rid of all the douchebags there would be only about 20 of us humans left on the planet.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Often they are. You don't have to look any further than New Orleans.

Antoinette Frank

Danziger Bridge shootings

But if you do look further, you will find that hundreds of officers are arrested and convicted every year.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am not getting in a pissing match. We can post links all day.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Suit yourself. The point is that it is a mixed bag. Officers get way too much slack from judges and prosecutors, but if it gets to a trial, juries will convict a cop if the evidence is there.

shane0911 likes this.