Why does being a cop....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Feb 27, 2014.

1. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

What about it? A cop executing a legal search warrant may choose a different adjective to describe a dog. It is just animal. In no way shape or form should an unpredictable animal's safety be considered over the safety of a human. Even if that human is an asshole. On the same token if a cop unleashes a dog on a suspect, I feel that the suspect could use any means necessary to stop the dog.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I value my dog's life waaaaaaaaaaay more than 99.9999 of the population.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You know if the dog is a pit bull and about to chomp you then shooting it is an option though if mace or Taser is better. If it is Muffie the poodle yapping then shooting it is mandatory.....just joking about shooting Muffie, doing anything to an animal that can't hurt you is cruel and in some ways psycho.
    Judgment is required to be a good cop and deciding whether to shoot an animal is a sign of judgment. A cop that shoots the attack dog just before he is bitten should. A cop that shoots Muffie shouldn't be one.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bruh, I love dogs, but I'm gonna tell you, if I am raiding a crack house and some 80lb rot comes around the corner looking all cujo and shit, yeah he is taking one right between the lookers and not think twice about it.

plotalot likes this.
  5. shane0911

You know what happens to muffies? They get screwed, split that yappy little bastard open like a canoe.

6. LaSalleAve

Understandable, but why not taze it? And there have been cases of cops shooting harmless dogs just for barking.

7. shane0911

Really hard to say unless you are in the situation. Anytime you are doing something like this tactical advantage is paramount. If the cop thinks the dog needs to go then I'm probably going to side with the cop. Before you answer just think about this; Why are the cops about to raid the joint in the first place? Probably means someone is up to no good. It isn't like 5-0 is just going into neighborhoods executing the family pooch.

8. LaSalleAve

There are plenty of raids that are frivolous. Hell Arlington TX, the APD raided a self sustaining farm looking for drugs because some hippies lived there off the grid. All they found was radishes, crabgrass, and other vegetables.

I have no love for the 5. Every time I've needed them, they are never there. Everytime I haven't they are poking their nose in shit that's none of their business. They are assholes, they have small dick syndrome, and they think they are soldiers which they aren't.

plotalot and shane0911 like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Risky raiding a farm. WHy not just get a search warrant and be nice about it?? Like WTF????

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, you are one of the people who should never be a cop.