Why does everyone think we lose to Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 13, 2009.

1. tigerjuice

tigerjuice Founding Member

While I agree our offense hasn't been playing well, I believe it has to come around sooner or later. If our D can maintain their level of play, I think we got a shot at beating anybody. All we need is a little offense. Noby thought we would hold Florida to 13 pts and lose by only 10 pts.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Before I respond, let me digg this post and make a delicious reference to it. Also, reddit or not I am going to stumble it and mixx it up a bit too. But not before I add my repsonse to my twitter feed and share it on Facebook!

I believe that IF IF I F IFFFFFFFFFF the offense can be managed and improved (can't get worse right?) then it sets up well to have Bama late in seaosn. However, Bama will improve lots too.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All true. But Bama is playing far better than us right now and we have to play at their place.

4. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I think that after all of this time that most think until we actually see the offense come around then we don't believe it's going to come around. As for the defense, yes it's good and getting better but so is Bama's and their offense has already come around. So it's kind of seeing is believing. Bama certainly hasn't looked unbeatable the 2 times I've seen them but they sure do look solid. I have to say that except for Julio that we have better starting & reserve WR's. Other teams seem to have noticed this too and are doubling Julio every play & he is having problems. But their running game is lights out and they get enough passes completed to keep the chains moving. Their defense seems to be a 3 4 and the NT is a dude slightly smaller than my car, but not much. We also have to play them in their house. TUFF!

5. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Bama is playing better right now than everyone in CFB, and about 6 or 7 teams in the NFL.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I NEVER, EVER think we will lose to Alabama. Living where I do and working with the gump hoard makes this game almost life and death for me. I never take off my purple and gold colored glasses when it concerns Alabama. At least not in front of them.

However, you cant deny they have a good team. They look better than we do right now but we dont play them next week. Lots can happen before we go to Tuscaloosa. We certainly have the talent. I want to beat them this year about as bad as I've ever wanted anything. It would be sooooooo sweet!

7. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

You do understand that it was Ufs gameplan to hold on to the ball and grind clock. LSU defense could not get off the field. UF held the ball 13 minutes more than LSU. How many 3 and outs did the Tiger D get? An offense as poor as LSU's needs as many touches as it can get . This style defense will do LSU's offense no favors. (how many times did UF punt?)
    Sooner or Later Chavis is gonna have to take some chances! P.S Vegas knew that Tigers would lose by 10.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Saban coached teams are physical. They may still get beat in the SECCG, but they will bring it.
    It would take a Brian Johnson type QB (Savvy & Finesse) to win this game, and we don't have that.

9. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

UF thought they could wear our D out then take over the 4th quarter.
    Didn't happen. Should tell you something about our "D", if the offense
    can make some strides , Bama can be beat, especially if they play us
    like they did Ole Miss this past weekend!

:geaux: :lsup: :geaux: LSU! :geaux: :lsup: :geaux: LSU! :geaux::lsup: :geaux:

10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i was tailgating myself into a drunken mess when this game was on, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't bama win by 20?