Why does everyone think we lose to Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Our defense is built to stop an offense like Bama's. While we're burnt toast against a speed/finesse running attack like UF's, we're decent against a physical running game like Bama's. Our secondary is good enough to clean up the rest and I don't expect Bama to score very much.

They won't NEED very much O to beat us, though...not if we don't get it together. I think if we go to a HUDDLE-offense where everybody gets on the same page before the snap and then play disciplined, we can have a chance. Bama feasts on T/O's, so a QB like JJ may give us our best shot even if we don't have a good passing day.

Don't get me wrong...I think losing to Bama is likely. (It kills me to say that). I believe it'll be close, though.

1 person likes this.
  2. geauxgirlsguy

geauxgirlsguy Its cold here.

Always a fan, so I will pick LSU and cheer them like crazy over Bama, but if you step back and look at the season AT THIS POINT Bama looks way more consistent/better on offense, and at least good on D. Our offense against their defense is a win for them, our d and their o a tie, so Bama gets a bit of an edge. I beleive in my heart the bye week will be productive for CLM and we will emerge a different team. Please.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Please change that gd picture.

4. geauxgirlsguy

geauxgirlsguy Its cold here.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the tigers can win, but a loss is more likely. i never put huge stock in these sorts of stats, but has LSU ever beaten a #1 team on the road? whats the highest ranked team LSU has ever beaten on the road? @bama with hallman?

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Seriously?

Seriously????????

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Close, the final was 22-3, but Bama had problems in the redzone. I only got to see bits and pieces of it, so it's hard to say how they looked. Four of their six scoring drives started in Ole Miss territory, so they were given a short field quite a bit (on 4 Snead INTs). The only touchdown came on a 6 play, 61 yard drive. They punted 6 times, and had the ball for nearly 40 minutes. From what I saw, and looking at the stats, it seems like they should have been able to put more points up, but struggled sustaining drives. Though, not as much as we did...

I don't think we will lose to Bama, but I KNOW that the offense has to make strides in order to be competitive. Thankfully, it looks like we may have the defense to keep us in it, either way.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ed zachary.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think we'll straighten out the offense by then and we will win.

10. valve

valve Veteran Member

I work in Alabama and have to listen to the talk and I would love to see Alabama get beat, by any SEC team. The people here were saying before the LSU-Florida game, they said LSU had no Offense and would loose. They were actually pulling for LSU to win so that they would move to number one in the polls. At the beginning of the season they were showing concern but after seeing LSU game calling they are real cocky now. There is no difference in our players and other teams the difference is in our coaches.