Why does everyone think we lose to Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

If LSU brings its best A game we have a great shot to beat Bama. LSU has a bit more overall talent than Bama. However if LSU brings this D game, with the constant self beating penalties we lose. Its very simple. Even with a great performance Bama might win, but Id really like the chances of LSU.

Lets be honest though, we need some serious changes before we have a chance against that D. Bama wont beat themselves so LSU will have to win. Which means the O will have to step up.

2. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

Our D vs their O, I think we can handle it.

Our O vs their D, that's the questions.

Bama's D has been A+ so far.

Our O has been a D- the past couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll get some momentum after the buy week and take care of bizness

Nothing is a given in SEC conference play. I like our chances I suppose:geauxtige

3. swampmamma

swampmamma Founding Member

Because they look like a frickin' NFL team!

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Did you see the boring offense saturday?

5. TigerFan87

TigerFan87 Founding Member

er...because they are the best team in the country. If the rankings weren't done in preseason, Bama would be #1.

It's a sad, terrible, sucky reality. If we play Bama like we played Florida, it will be a blowout (in their favor) and it's gonna hurt.

As if it doesn't suck enough to have an average team, Bama has to be doing great. Terrible.

6. col reb

col reb Founding Member

OM played Bama about like LSU did Fla. Capital D---small O. Seemed like Bama was on the OM side of the field the whole game, thanks in part to Snead's four ints. Snead was 11 of 34 for 140 yds..4 ints...first time in 13 games that he did not throw for a td. So far, he has completed just 65 of 139 passes (46.8%) for 868 yds with nine tds and nine ints. He ranks 11th out of the league's 12 starting qbs. IF he gets his confidence back and starts playing like last yr, they will do well.

I think it would be a mistake to underestimate their D though. Bama had to settle for field goals FIVE times and usually started closer to the ten than the twenty.

I think for LSU to beat Bama, they will need almost a perfect game....at least their A+. With maybe a surprise or two for Mr. Saban.

7. lsuhunter220

lsuhunter220 Freshman

Because you need to score points in order to win.

1 person likes this.
  8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

but the offense doesnt have to score them :wave:

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I've said it several times, but I'll say it again...

Cover Jones, beat Mcelroy. Did anyone else notice that he was throwing to a double and triple covered Julio Jones like every other play. I think this Bama team CAN and WILL be beat... But just as I said against Florida - We need Offensive points.

Turnovers wouldn't hurt, either.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Because Bama's D is every bit as good as the Florida D if not better and it will take more than 3 points to beat Bama. That doesn't mean that LSU can't or will not beat Bama, but there must be HUGE improvement on offense for that to happen.