Why does everyone think we lose to Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 13, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think that is hard to claim since each have played one quality opponent. if anything florida's D did better against LSU that bama's D against VaTech. and i think they only have one common opponent. UK scored many more against bama than florida.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm not going by stats and common opponents I'm going by what I've seen in the games I've watched them both play. Bama has a very high quality D. LSU will need to kick it in gear on the offensive side if they want to have a chance of winning. JMO

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Bama has won by exploiting opponants turnovers... if we minimize turnovers, double team Jones and watch for the run, we should play better. But we have got to move the chains and make first downs.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Hell, I'm wondering how we are going to beat Auburn. Bama can wait.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i agree. but uf has a very high quality D too. i find it hard to say one is better than the other.

the use their TE well too.

6. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Agreed.

But for the sake of this thread, it is highly unlikely Bama wins out. They will slip up somewhere....it always happenS, even the All-Mighty Saban slips up. (Remember 2003 UF game....we were a much better team, yet lost) It could be us, or UT, or Auburn but they WILL drop one IMO.

I am keeping the faith and hope we start scoring some points, then it COULD be us.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I saw a little bit of there game against Ole Miss. I'm going to try and watch their game against SC tomorrow night. They've got the Vols next week, that should be an interesting match-up. Stats wise their D appears to be damn stout.

8. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Plus we've won the last four or five there. Sooner or later the odds are bound to catch us up.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

We've struggled to score 31 points (our season high) 2x... We will need more than 30 points if we're going to win. Along with stellar defensive play. But their front 4 on defense is playing lights out football... we'll need a great defensive day as well as a season high offensive output. I absolutely hate Bama, couldn't stand them when I lived in Ala, but imo, Bama if they reach the SECCG will beat Florida and go on to the NC... whether Saban wins or not is anyones guess... but I think Bama has the tools to do it. I can't believe I just said that.

10. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

They are the better team right now. :sob: