Why doesn't LSU wear visors?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Mar 25, 2004.

1. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

:grin: :D :grin:

2. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I wore a mirror visor when I played in high school and it helped, I could look directly at where I was going on no one knew. It doesn't make any difference with the lights and stuff.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Pensacola great idea!! Make sure you let all of the Tigers hear about that. The new gloves actually help, they are incredibly different from the old ones, especially in cold or damp weather or when you have a QB like Bert Jones or Favre that throw bullets.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No auxilliary lights have been required in Tiger Stadium for TV since the east upper deck lights were installed. Technically there is plenty of light, but there are a lot better lit stadiums around. Still, it is Sooo much better than the old days when Tiger Stadium was lit with incandescent floodlights instead of the bright mercury lights they use now.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Puttin up lights is like buying a new T.V. or computer, as soon as you buy em they're obselete. LSU has been a leader in stadium lighting on several occasions but alas new tech. comes out shortly after, both T.V. programming tech and lighting tech. Guess it will be a never ending thing.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I remember when Rickey Jackson totaled his Porsche on the Bonne Carre'
    Spillway, and ended up with some kind of eye injury that forced him to wear that dark visor on his helmet for a whole season. Dude looked like Darth Linebacker.

7. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

It is officially a conspiracy. Every pre-LSU picture I've seen of Mario Stevenson had him wearing a visor. I've now seen pictures of him at LSU practice and he isn't wearing one......

8. LSU Stud

LSU Stud Founding Member

It could be a rule by coach. In HS we had to have a note from the doctor to wear a visor. Our socks at practice had to be the same length as everyone and no one was allowed to have facial hair. A uniform team.