Why even play the game on saturday?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USNavyTiger, Mar 19, 2006.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Have I missed something? What has happened to "sausage" and "gofer?" I can't imagine them them just shutting up.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

LSU has had a great season and it's great to be in the sweet 16 but to this point in the tournament they have beat no one. I'll be watching and screaming for the Tigers when they play Duke but don't get over excited about beating two teams not ranked in the top 45. Let's hope they continue to have success and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

3. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

ap and coaches rankings in the ncaa's are quite meaningless. the polls dont factor one of the main effects on the game, heart. If you have more heart than the other team you stand a chance regarless of record, talent, etc.

4. TwistedTiger

I agree, but what I am trying to say is that as nice as it is to be in the 16 Iona and A&M were not anywhere near the top half of talented teams in the tourney, they are both teams LSU should have beat. I hope they win it all and I'm very proud they are where they are, but I don't understand some of the chest beating after beating Iona and Texas A&M. Beat Duke and then everyone can start beating their chest like Tarzan on speed.

5. macatak911

Yea I understand. LSU should be expected to beat Iona and A&M but in reality you can't expect them to win BIG, simply because its the NCAA's, just look at all the crazy upsets around the country. Iona/A&M vs LSU at PMAC...yes LSU should win big....Iona/A&M in NCAA's at neutral site....different.

But I agree we shouldn't get too crazy excited about beating Iona/A&M (with exception of "Special") because they are Iona/A&M; however, if we can pull it off against the Dukies i reserve all right to climb to the top op the Georgia Dome, rip off my shirt, beat my chest, and scream as loud as I can....it will take air support to get me down! :hihi:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Some people will never get it. There's always a reason for downplaying LSU's success. "Yeah, we're not one and done, but that should never happen to LSU". "Yeah, we're in the Sweet 16, but who have we beat?" So now, after 25 wins and one of the last few teams standing and sole SEC champs we haven't acomplished crap until we beat Duke. Do you think UNC fans feel that way? Do you think Iowa fans feel that way? Tennessee fans? I am enjoying this to the fullest. I'll worry about Duke on Thursday night.

7. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

If the Tigers win and you have this urge come over you, just call me. I have a friend there that can help with the "air support". What a ride, huh? ;)

8. macatak911

True, being one of the best 16 teams out of 65 is a major acomplishment. Hell beating any team in the NCAA's is an accomplishment. Ask UCONN about Albany....

9. macatak911

oh im loving it...the winning, the media coverage, everything. This will sure help keep that local talent home! *cough* Shan Foster *cough*

10. TwistedTiger

You're obviously getting senile in your old age. The Tigers had a great season and it is great to get to the sweet 16 surely everyone will agree with that, but we haven't beat anyone in the tournament, that's not opinion that's fact. It doesn't mean this isn't a great LSU team or that they haven't had a great season but did you really expect them to lose to either Iona or A&M? No one said they "haven't acomplished crap" just that it's not yet time to start popping the corks on the champagne bottles yet. Even if they lose to Duke it has been a very successful season especially considering the youth of the team. However if in you feel the need to soil your depends and whine about those who state the fact we haven't beat a quality team in the tournament yet feel free.